1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. saxonblue

saxonblue Member

ok, I am looking to replace my old normal light bulbs used in the drl's on my motor, with some trendy bright led/smd ones.i have seen some on ebay that say there error free, But say I would need a resister or something so I can use them as a drl???.can I not just use an error free led/smd bulb?

2. MarkyM

MarkyM Member

Most 'canbus error free' should work without a problem

3. fishyfish

fishyfish Member

I have a pair of the 360-degree "canbus compatible" jobbies as my DRLs, and they look great (and no errors), but I still get a very slight flicker every few seconds (presumably the system pulsing the bulbs to check if they are blown) which I am not totally sure how to get rid of.

4. ZYX

ZYX New Member

Do tell us Fishyfish what ones you have....
    Is this a replacement side lamp in the Headlight you use as a Drl ??

5. fishyfish

fishyfish Member

The ones I have are something like this 382 Ultimate 92 LED Car Bulb - White or Amber Light

Sorry, I am talking about replacements for the P21W / 382 bulbs in the inner reflectors (I have xenons, so they are only used as DRLs).

If you want "proven" sidelight replacements, along with a wiring harness to make them error-free, I believe forum user/sponsor t8ups might be the man to speak to ;)

6. ZYX

ZYX New Member

^ Cheers Thanks !

7. saxonblue

saxonblue Member

I have hid/xenon headlight too. so I also replaced my old side lights with some very cheap, but very good smd ones of eBay. they look good and get rid of the yellow-ie light that you get with the normal bulbs, I had no probs so far with a bulb out warning or anything, [​IMG] these are mine (well the ones I got) if anyone is thinking about doing there's .I think I will get some cheap-ish led/smd's off the bay that say there error free and see what happens,

gupsterg likes this.
  8. gupsterg

gupsterg Active Member

Any chance of link to ebay seller via post/pm Saxonblue :friends:I have xenons with std bulbs and wish to update side/DRL bulbs to LED ones...

9. Gavin0478

Gavin0478 Active Member Team Daytona Team V8 VCDS Map User quattro Audi Q7 S-line owners group TDi

gupsterg likes this.
  10. gupsterg

gupsterg Active Member

Super info Gavin :applaus:I think I'll go for those :) ...

I'm more bothered about getting a uniform look when xenons are on rather than having LEDs :) ...

The DRL P21 bulbs don't bother me as much as the sidelights as the xenons are not on when DRL's are on...

11. saxonblue

saxonblue Member

sorry for not putting up a link gupsterg, I only just came back on her after a while away , I cant find the actual ones I got on the bay ( the seller). but there all over the place anyway

12. gupsterg

gupsterg Active Member

No worries mate :) ... I've been considering doing the sidelights/DRL's for a year and still not got around to it! LOL...

13. Chadders

Chadders Member

Come on Gups get on with it you've seen mine.

gupsterg likes this.
  14. saxonblue

saxonblue Member

must admit. it makes a big diferance