DRL plus rear lights

Trev241

Reaction score
Is it possible to change settings on my 2007 S3 so that the rear lights are on when DRL's are switched on, asked my dealer today but he don't have a clue.
Is this the so called Scandinavian setting I have heard about ?

Yup - that's right. There are 2 settings in vcds (vag-com), north american (i think) which is fronts only and then scandinavian which turns the rears on as well.

Yup - that's right. There are 2 settings in vcds (vag-com), north american (i think) which is fronts only and then scandinavian which turns the rears on as well.
So the dealer should be able to do this with the Audi diagnostic setup ?

Yup - though they might be cheeky and charge you for it!

Either that or see if someone with VCDS lives near you - we're a friendly bunch and stuff like this can easily be done at meets or for a few beer tokens.

Yeah just go into 09 long coding & enable scandinavian, its easy peasy if you have VCDS, another reason to buy a genuine cable, stealers will charge you for that aswell most likely, why not spend the money on the cable itself so anything else you can do yourself & pays for itself after the 1st use on many occassions & anything after that is free huh

Yeah just go into 09 long coding & enable scandinavian, its easy peasy if you have VCDS, another reason to buy a genuine cable, stealers will charge you for that aswell most likely, why not spend the money on the cable itself so anything else you can do yourself & pays for itself after the 1st use on many occassions & anything after that is free huh
Don't have the kit so will have to get a kind person with VCDS to do the job or beg the stealer to do it for nothing.

Then might I suggest you consider purchasing it, then can do all these things yourself.

Cost me £265 even though can get for less & I can assure you its paid for itself 100 times over easily