1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

driving with handbrake on???

gracelea68 Nov 1, 2012

1. gracelea68

gracelea68 New Member

i posted recently about my clutch, i have now found out that my mss drove my s3 for about a mile withe the handbrake on??then wen i got in it 10 min later the clutch went, i have a brake warning light on an no fluid in the servo?? an clutch dont work any thaughts??

2. vfr800

vfr800 Active Member Team Dolphin Grey Audi S3 quattro Audi A6

Definitely sounds like you need to find yourself a new missus.

s3clarke, GvZ, Yohan87 and 1 other person like this.
  3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Boiled the fluid etc I suspect... the clutch takes fluid from the brake reservoir so if thats low then no clutch either...

<tuffty/>

4. C6 DRN

C6 DRN living the dream Audi S3 Black Edition

haha belter!

i cant see driving with the handbrake on for just a mile effecting the clutch?

how old is your car?

5. gracelea68

gracelea68 New Member

lets get car sorted then we sort the mrssus out lol, so if i top the fluid back up an bleed it all and go from there, i thaught it was the cylinder inside gearbox but there wernt any fluid cuming from the bellhousing( the joit on gearbox)
    so my question is if i top it up and blead it will i do it more harm than good if it is the cylinder in gearbox??

6. gracelea68

gracelea68 New Member

its a 2000 x reg s3

7. Sam_

Sam_ Down under

Hahaha I've done that once, the armrest makes it a bit annoying. Easily done. I let a girl drive mine a while back. She pulled up at some lights and there was smoke billowing from the rear. Only takes one or two clicks (depending on how well your's is adjusted). Surely she'd notice if it was bad enough to boil the fluid. I'd imagine the pads would be on fire! :)

8. gracelea68

gracelea68 New Member

and did anything happen with your clutch? did you lose any brake fluid anywere?

9. C6 DRN

You sure she hasnt burnt the clutch out trying to get the car to move...with the handbrake on? haha..

10. Sam_

Sam_ Down under

Nah, like I say, done it twice with no ill effects but if it was properly on then I guess it'd be bad but surely you'd notice !

11. gracelea68

gracelea68 New Member

she didnt notice, she thaught there was sumthin wrong with engine :( lol im hoping i have poped a seal somewere guna top it up and blead it up later an see if it is leaking anywere, hopefully it will be a cheep fix otherwise the slave cylinder has gone and its a box off job???

12. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

I would replace all the fluid... only need 1tr realistically

<tuffty/>

13. actualeddie

actualeddie Member

To quote Lee Evans
    "YOU'VE STILL GOT THE F&*KING HANDBRAKE ON!

Well you left it there! Anyway, I thought it was an air freshner, 'cause when I take it off the smell of burning goes away!"

14. gracelea68

gracelea68 New Member

love it lmao!!!
    she isnt allowed to drive it again wen i get it fixed lol

15. C6 DRN

hahahahahai this was my first thought reading this thread!

16. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

A Falcon Punch would have been appropriate... :)

coatesy likes this.