driving with handbrake on???

gracelea68

Reaction score
i posted recently about my clutch, i have now found out that my mss drove my s3 for about a mile withe the handbrake on??then wen i got in it 10 min later the clutch went, i have a brake warning light on an no fluid in the servo?? an clutch dont work any thaughts??

i posted recently about my clutch, i have now found out that my mss drove my s3 for about a mile withe the handbrake on??then wen i got in it 10 min later the clutch went, i have a brake warning light on an no fluid in the servo?? an clutch dont work any thaughts??

Definitely sounds like you need to find yourself a new missus.

Reactions: s3clarke, GvZ, Yohan87 and 1 other person
Boiled the fluid etc I suspect... the clutch takes fluid from the brake reservoir so if thats low then no clutch either...

<tuffty/>

lets get car sorted then we sort the mrssus out lol, so if i top the fluid back up an bleed it all and go from there, i thaught it was the cylinder inside gearbox but there wernt any fluid cuming from the bellhousing( the joit on gearbox)
so my question is if i top it up and blead it will i do it more harm than good if it is the cylinder in gearbox??

Hahaha I've done that once, the armrest makes it a bit annoying. Easily done. I let a girl drive mine a while back. She pulled up at some lights and there was smoke billowing from the rear. Only takes one or two clicks (depending on how well your's is adjusted). Surely she'd notice if it was bad enough to boil the fluid. I'd imagine the pads would be on fire! :)

Hahaha I've done that once, the armrest makes it a bit annoying. Easily done. I let a girl drive mine a while back. She pulled up at some lights and there was smoke billowing from the rear. Only takes one or two clicks (depending on how well your's is adjusted). Surely she'd notice if it was bad enough to boil the fluid. I'd imagine the pads would be on fire! :)

and did anything happen with your clutch? did you lose any brake fluid anywere?

You sure she hasnt burnt the clutch out trying to get the car to move...with the handbrake on? haha..

Nah, like I say, done it twice with no ill effects but if it was properly on then I guess it'd be bad but surely you'd notice !

she didnt notice, she thaught there was sumthin wrong with engine :( lol im hoping i have poped a seal somewere guna top it up and blead it up later an see if it is leaking anywere, hopefully it will be a cheep fix otherwise the slave cylinder has gone and its a box off job???

lets get car sorted then we sort the mrssus out lol, so if i top the fluid back up an bleed it all and go from there, i thaught it was the cylinder inside gearbox but there wernt any fluid cuming from the bellhousing( the joit on gearbox)
so my question is if i top it up and blead it will i do it more harm than good if it is the cylinder in gearbox??

I would replace all the fluid... only need 1tr realistically

<tuffty/>

To quote Lee Evans
"YOU'VE STILL GOT THE F&*KING HANDBRAKE ON!

Well you left it there! Anyway, I thought it was an air freshner, 'cause when I take it off the smell of burning goes away!"

To quote Lee Evans

Well you left it there! Anyway, I thought it was an air freshner, 'cause when I take it off the smell of burning goes away!"

love it lmao!!!
she isnt allowed to drive it again wen i get it fixed lol

To quote Lee Evans

hahahahahai this was my first thought reading this thread!