Driving to remappers with modded engine

m1tch

Reaction score
Hi all,

This will be quite a while off but when I do mod the project car with larger injectors, HPFP etc I would be upgrading the parts at home but would need to get the car mapped with these new components. Just wondering how this works in terms of getting to a remappers as if the car was driven on the road with the larger injectors and HPFP it would be running very rich on the stock tune.

Are all of the upgrades usually done at the mapping company and then mapped or do people usually upgrade them and then drive to the mapping company? I will also be fitting a BT upgrade, I guess once the injectors and HPFP are mapped correctly then I could just leave the DV open so that car never builds boost until it gets to the remappers?

I might see if I can go with a 'plug and play' map initially to get the car safely running, at least with bigger injectors it would mean the car would run rich, although I would be slightly concerned with bore wash.

Dont take this as gospel but am sure your allowed to drive to the mapper. Long as not too far and of course staying of boost

Off boost should be fine,might run a bit rich . Ask one of the lads that have done their tuning as they will know from experience / just ask your mapper for some advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how much bigger will the injectors be , I drove mine for 2 days :whistle2: before they were calibrated , it will throw the engine light , but the tuner will turn it off .

how much bigger will the injectors be , I drove mine for 2 days :whistle2: before they were calibrated , it will throw the engine light , but the tuner will turn it off .

Injectors will go from standard to the uprated GM injectors which are equivalent to the APR stage 3 injectors so around 30% more flow, coupled with a higher pressure HPFP and higher pressure regulator.

mine ran at -25% fuel trims , that's the max it could remove , as people say , just make sure you granny it to the tuners and you should be ok .

mine ran at -25% fuel trims , that's the max it could remove , as people say , just make sure you granny it to the tuners and you should be ok .

Does the ECU automatically adjust the fuel trims on the stock map then? I would probably run the engine with the wastegate open so the engine never builds boost.

The fuel pump is still governed by the fuel pressure regulator. Why don't you just put the new injectors in when you're at the mapper's? Arrive abit early and swap them out.