1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driving Licence Scam

a3tdi2001 Nov 6, 2011

1. a3tdi2001

a3tdi2001 Member

I've just been robbed of £20 by the DVLA for copying my passport photo onto my driving licence card. Robbery.

2. Kaibo

Kaibo Member

Yet if you move they send you a new license for free, doesn't make sense does it?

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I used this method to wipe away my points on the license! Then move back cos it didn't work out, job done. lol :)

4. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Well-Known Member

noted.....:busted_cop:

5. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

That just reminds me I've got to renew my photo ID on my driving license, the robbing bar stewards want £20 for that as well + what ever the post office charge is!

6. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Wipe points after they have lapsed I mean John, so my license looks clean. ;)

7. Foxmeister

Foxmeister Fired Up!

Just done mine a few wks back, go to a designated post office and they do it all inc photo for £24, less hassle!

8. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

Yep i did the same, they cut your photos, post everything for you and its a lot faster too!

9. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

That's why I said + post office charge, by the time you spend the money getting passport photos sort & the cost of sending it off you may as well use ther service, just takes the hassle out of it.

10. Kaibo

Kaibo Member

I went to repost what he said in the first place, least the passport route takes away the costs involved with the po, "every little helps" - Abe Lincoln.

11. a3tdi2001

a3tdi2001 Member

I did it online where they copy your passport photo over from another database for £20. There was a voluntary question about gaining permission to enter into the NI database to cross reference you. Why would you give some oik at the DVLA more access to your personal details than absolutely necessary? Still think the whole things an absolute scam.