1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driving in France headlamp converters

dusty Jan 7, 2012

1. dusty

dusty Active Member Team Nogaro Blue Audi S3

Hi everyone, in August I will be taking the s3 to Brittany in France on holiday, could anyone advise me on converting my headlamps for driving in France what do I need to buy and where do I get it from thanks

2. G60DAN

G60DAN Member

I think there is a leaver in the head light to switch it to left hand driving.

3. dusty

dusty Active Member Team Nogaro Blue Audi S3

Ok thanks I will have a look tomorrow i assume it will be on my passenger side headlamp can anyone confirm this

4. jay1601

jay1601 Well-Known Member

5. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

S3's have beam benders as standard inside the unit. You need to take the black plastic cover off the back of the lights and there is a small lever sticking out below the bulbs. You push this the other way to the way it currently is.

I have to admit the first time I went to France I converted each light in about 30s. The following year I couldn't find the lever for love nor money, so ended up leaving as is as I was only intending to drive in daylight. A bit naughty I know but as I though I never actually used my lights whilst in France.

There is a guide on here somewhere if you can find it.

6. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  7. knoxie

knoxie K4OXE

sorry thats its off the question in hand but how do you tilt the headlamps (up/down) is it manually or is there some switch i cant see,

8. Powelly

Powelly Member

If the S3 is the same as the A3 then there is a small turn switch next to the headlight switch with I, II and III, Next to the dash lighting brightness wheel

9. JtotheD

JtotheD Active Member

I'm pretty sure S3s are self levelling

10. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

Yes, S3s are self levelling. There is some manual adjustment still but it's an under the bonnet job.

11. knoxie

knoxie K4OXE

thanks guys, sorry for the hijack