1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driving Courses

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by A4Andy, Dec 1, 2006.

1. A4Andy

A4Andy Quattro-tastic. Not half.

[Dec 1, 2006]
    No one is ever as good a driver as they think, unless you're in the motorsport trade then there's a chance you are....

Does anyone know of any good courses for improving/tuning everyday driving + helping you drive "enthusastically" more safely?

There is IAM of course and the RoSPA both of which I've heard mixed things about. any views on these or tips on others?

:racer:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. Geordie Mike

Geordie Mike Yeee-haw

[Dec 3, 2006]
    Try booking a session round the track in your own car with an instructor - it's not just about thrashing it round there, but will help with some other stuff too.
  4. TRS1

TRS1 Topper Harley

[Dec 3, 2006]
    I've heard this is really worth doing :thumbsup:
  5. A4Andy

A4Andy Quattro-tastic. Not half.

[Dec 3, 2006]
    I was thinking more along the lines of insurance friendly courses. Good suggestion though.
  6. benw123

benw123 Moderator

[Dec 3, 2006]
    A few years ago, EVO magazine did a feature on Cadence (http://www.cadence.co.uk/) who got a good write-up, with the focus mainly on road driving instead of the track. There's also a something on their site about insurance discounts.

They still advertise in the magazine and may well be worth a look.
  7. leecs3

leecs3 thinking about stuff

[Dec 4, 2006]
    IAM will help with insurance no question. If you want to improve your driving ability become a regular at your local karting track. You'll notice your driving style change over a few months (you'll always keep both hands on the wheel for example). This then opens up the doors to ARK's and ARD's tests which you can do at most UK circuits. Trackdays in your own car start at around £95 and are a good way to learn your cars limits more so then driving ability.

BTW, early next year i'm organising an event at the Teesside Autodrome if your interested?
  8. Steve-L

Steve-L Member

[Dec 4, 2006]
    Does anyone have a link for one of these courses ?

I can find loads of track days either with your own car or a hired track car but all of these are just you driving and not with an instructor.
  9. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[Dec 4, 2006]
    If you really want to improve your car control do a ride drive course... this is on track and on the road with an instructor and I've heard very good things.
  10. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

[Dec 4, 2006]
    Anybody tried the Audi driving day? Don't they teach you car control and emergency situation reactions on there?