1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driving and Daydreaming

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by denzelburner, Mar 18, 2009.

1. denzelburner

denzelburner Member

[Mar 18, 2009]
    Why do people need to stay in the middle lane of the motorway, when the inside lane is clear for nearly half a mile, and they're not overtaking? They don't pay any attention to what's around them, apart from the few yards in front. If they need to overtake, they indicate, and then just pull out into the outside lane as if these orange flashing lights on their vehicles means they have a given right to change lanes, even if the lane isn't clear. Why isn't this an offence to stop people cruising in the middle lane when lane one is clear. This should be undue care and attention, as they obviously can't be aware of their surroundings if they haven't pulled in. Lane two and three are for overtaking only, and then you pull back into lane one. Fair enough if you are overtaking, but when there is a HUGE gap before the next vehicle in lane one, then it should be an offence. This would clear up alot of the problems with motorways at the moment.

Also, why do people have to take the "racing line" on roundabouts, or even staying in the outside lane on a roundabout, and then go three quarters of the way round, ignoring the car to your right having to take avoiding action on hitting them. The lanes are clearly marked on the road as well as signs showing the correct lane for the roundabout. That would probably be the same person who cruises in the middle lane, saying it saves time on having to pull out round lorries every now and again.

Rant over, thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 20, 2014]

3. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Mar 18, 2009]
    I think the former is an attitude that that lane is for slow people..

The latter bugs me too, nearly been forced into the actual roundabout island thanks to people who cant stay in lane.
  4. Andy_S3

Andy_S3 Member VCDS Map User

[Mar 18, 2009]
    This annoys the hell out of me too. They're effectively turning a 3 Lane motorway into a 2 lane one as you are not supposed to undertake. Would probably help congestion if people knew how to use motorways properly. Rant over.
  5. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 18, 2009]
    I have to apologise if this angers anyone but I tend to become european when I see a middle lane hogger and overtake on the left.
    'Racing line' thats a good description and they are annoying.....cashpoint cripples are another one.
  6. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

[Mar 18, 2009]
    Agreed, its so f***ing annoying when these people hog lanes, I dont have a problem when you pull out and want to overtake, but when you have, why cant you move back in!!!!
  7. grim ree

grim ree Old-n-crumbly

[Mar 19, 2009]
    Perhaps an advertising campaign -DRIVE ON THE LEFT IN THE UK - even on motorways?
  8. Andy_S3

Andy_S3 Member VCDS Map User

[Mar 19, 2009]
    Ive seen these "Please Keep Left" signs on the information boards on motorways, and it does make drivers think "Oh yeah, silly me!"
  9. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 19, 2009]
    I often go from the outside lane straight across three lanes in front of them into the inside lane, look in the rear view mirror and they are still sat in the middle lane ..... :banghead:
  10. denzelburner

denzelburner Member

[Mar 19, 2009]
    If I'm coming up in the inside lane, and there is some daydreaming prat in lane two, then I do tend to overtake them quite close, them move all the way back to lane one, just to see them still cruising, and chatting on their mobile, etc. It should be an addition to the driving test, that if you want to use a motorway, then you must take the pass plus with the motorway bit in, and it should be an offence.

Sorry about the rant, just I've done almost 3k in the last two weeks, and I'm pig sick of these sunday drivers, who seem to have forgotten that it's not sunday, or they've been let out on their own by mistake.

Rant over :blush: