1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driving Abroad

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by sitrials, Dec 28, 2007.

1. sitrials

sitrials Member

I've seen someone in the past say for driving abroad they have had their headlights set up by audi so they didn't have to use those crappy sticker on the lights.
    how much does it cost and can you do it yourself?
    cheers

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. RGBArgee

RGBArgee Guest

Had an A4 3.0 Cab and asked the Question Audi wanted 1.5 hours labour, it's a headlight out job on some models. Stick with the crappy stickers or drive in the daylight if you can!! Will be interested to hear any other experiences re A3 and new TT adjustments. May be different now!:jump:

4. HTC

HTC Active Member

You might need to remove the battery on one side to get to the adjuster, but it should be a quick flick of the lever to set them up.

[​IMG]

Sequence of operations

‒ Detach cover from headlight housing.
    ‒ → Check position of setting lever -1- at both headlights.
    ‒ Lever down = Driving on right
    ‒ Lever up = Driving on left
    ‒ If necessary, swivel lever until it engages in desired position -arrow-.
    ‒ Close housing cover.

5. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

Yep, easy peasy to do and providing you've got relatively small hands (or you don't mind scraped knuckles) you can leave the battery in place.

Remember to keep a screwdriver handy to remove the two plastic panels above the battery & washer bottle. I forgot and had to empty the boot in a french service area to get the driver out of the spare wheel. Doh.

6. sitrials

sitrials Member

my headlights take 5mins to pop out! (prefacelift)
    nice one guys can drive to dover with english lights then change them on the ferry in 30mins!
    HTC: is that from ELSA?? haven't got access at the moment i'm in spain on holiday just thinking about driving down again in july.
    Cheers

7. HTC

HTC Active Member

Yeah, ElsaWin.

8. simch

simch Active Member

I have driven over 10 k miles on the continent since April and have never bothered with swapping them over nor using the stickers! At borders they never ask, on Mways no one notices and even on the back roads I have never been flashed.

I just dont bother thinking about it anymore tbh. I think they are set up so short (auto xenons) they dont dazzle regardless of which side you are on!