Driveshaft wont reach gearbox?

neap38

Reaction score
Ive just finished changing the clutch on my car but I have encountered a problem. The driveshaft is short of the gearbox by about half an inch on the drivers side.

The engine seems to be mounted to the far right of the car as possible already. . Not sure of my options from here?

Can anyone help?

Ive tried that but it still is a bit short and the drive shaft insidr it isnt mating up to anything inside. Really confused

Its a bolted flange...

The driveshaft attaches to the inside of the CV joint, the outside of the CV joint attaches to the gearbox...

Have you changed any of the parts involved?

Same driveshafts? same gearbox?

if so, then something is very odd here, as they obviously fitted when they came off!

Did you remove the lower ball joints for any reason during the work? I've seen people refit these wrongly in the past causing alignment issues....

Ive removed the whole passanger hub to get the passenger sidr driveshaft off. I havent touched the drivers side, all I did was undo the drivers side bolts. The engine mounts were removed on the passanger and during the clutch change the drivers side pin came completely out of its engine mount but like I said, the engine is back in position now, adjusted as close to the drivers side as possible

Same gearbox too. I have the driveshaft bolted in now but im worried because it seems a bit strenuous on the bolts. I raised the drivers side wheel up with a jack to allow for a little more play.

The inner CV has perhaps got stuck or one of the balls has become dislodged if you've overextended it in some direction.

So your saying all the motion from the gearbox goes through the bolts of the cv joint and then the driveshaft that I can see inside the cv joint connects inside that?

As in it goes in this order of motion, gearbox, cv joint, driveshaft..... not gearbox, driveshaft?

Sorry im confusing myself lol.

Ok I got it bolted on. The driveshaft wasnt spinning freely, it felt like it was catching something. On further inspection I can feel one of the ball bearings in the rubber gaiter.