Driveshaft gaitors

andy.l

Reaction score
I need to replace my drivers outside driveshaft gaitor, are there any good aftermarket versions or is it best to stick to O.E?

thanks

andy :)

I got some GKN boots from eurocarparts a couple of years ago, they only lasted 50K miles. Every genuine Audi CV boot I've had over years have lasted 100K to 150K. ECP boot cost just under £20 but the Audi boot cost just over £40 and you need to buy the hub bolt, as it's not included in the Audi kit. After looking at the quality of the Audi boot compared to the aftermarket boot, I would never buy aftermarket again, not worth the time & hassle for an extra £25 to buy the better boot.

Last edited:
Just an add on, I got the part number as 8EO 498 203C

same for N/s and O/s ??

Audi cv boot kits are also made by Lobro/GKN so you really pay extra for the box ! Parts are not what they used to be dealer or not...

Thats why I got them for EPC and the last set were marked up GKN but with Audi Logo & Part number, but the quality GKN EPC boot was no where near the Audi branded version....

I use the polyplastic febi boots on mine will see how they last, £36 delivered for both front outers from seller:stephanj65 on ebay !!

The GKN boots I got from EPC where of a polyplastic material, the ones I got from Audi was a thick rubber.