1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drivers Window still wont work

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by just017, Jul 10, 2010.

1. just017

just017 Member

[Jul 10, 2010]
    A month or so ago, drivers window stopped working, got a new motor/control module and fitted it today, and the thing still wont work, what else could be wrong?

Can anyone post a pic of the wiring diagram that relates to the window/switch etc

Many thanks
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jul 12, 2010]
    So does everything else work on the door as in windows, locking, mirror electrics etc?

When you scan the car what does it show for 42?

Have you checked the glass is able to move freely in the runners as such, maybe the glass has got stuck.

BTW its FECKING :)
  4. just017

just017 Member

[Jul 13, 2010]
    Yeah everything else works,all the lights on the door card work,passenger window opens via the drivers window switch, electric mirrors work. I'm guessing if all that works then it rules out a fuse issue right? It's not the glass bit that's stuck because if I connect the motor up but don't put the cog into the window mechanism it still won't work. Just to clarify, is there only one fuse involved from the battery to the window? Or is there more than one I should be checking, an if so where?

Thanks for the reply dude.

P.S did you get the RNS e file?
  5. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jul 13, 2010]
    have you tried to use the key to open the Windows ? Hold it in the unlock position, if the passenger Window opens but not the drivers it is a power / wiring / motor or control unit fault. If they both open then it is the switch on the drivers door.

You should really invest in VCDS as it would help no end in a situation like this as you can monitor the door switch in the module.

Paul
  6. just017

just017 Member

[Jul 13, 2010]
    Yup tried the key or the windows and neither work with the key. Passenger works from Both sides. I have vag com, it doesn't give much away on this.il post up the code when I get in dude
  7. just017

just017 Member

[Jul 13, 2010]
    Tuesday,13,July,2010,21:06:04:59303
    VAG-COM Version: Release 704.1

Address 42: Door Elect, Driver
    Control Module Part Number: 8P0 959 801 F
    Component and/or Version: Tuersteuerger. H10 0030
    Software Coding: 0000048
    Work Shop Code: WSC 00652
    1 Fault Found:
    00932 - Electric Window Motor; Drivers Side (V147)
    012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit

Is the code i get, saying check wiring. This code relates to the auto and pinch funtions not working, which i guess in vag coms mind is true, because the whole window isnt working, but my problem is before this as the motor wont even spin
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  8. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jul 14, 2010]
    You should be able to check the switch status in VCDS blocks.

I've not looked at mine recently, but I'm pretty sure that if you go into the drivers door module measuring blocks - you should be able to confirm that the switch is working OK.

You also need to re-code your comfort module then so that you can comfort open / close the Windows using the remote or key in the door.

Does look like you have an electrical fault of some kind though.

Also I would suggest that you update your VCDS version as 704.1 is very old now. Current release is 10.6.0 - they have also changed the numbering layout.

PAul
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  9. just017

just017 Member

[Jul 14, 2010]
    Oright ok i'll see what the measuring blocks show, i think the problem lies between the motor and the battery though,
    Do you know how i re-code the comfort module for the key fob etc.

Also, can anyone confirm which fuses are involved in this whole circuit, so i can check them all.

I would upgrade vag com if i had a genuine cable, but i dont think there is many updates now for the 8P 2005 (if any)

Cheers for the reply dude, appreciate it
  10. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Jul 14, 2010]
    I'm loving the rainbow sigs :rock:
  11. just017

just017 Member

[Jul 14, 2010]
    Ha cheers, i'm not trying to say something about myself, just thought a little colour to the now very black forum would be nice.
  12. NHN

[Jul 14, 2010]
    Its all about the colour mate, colour makes you smile & happy, I'm all for it which is why I wont be going for the typical pink room for the little one, will be multi coloured.
  13. just017

just017 Member

[Jul 14, 2010]
    NHN, not had a chance to check my measuring block tonight, but just had a thought. I originally thought my window problem lied within the control module, after that didn't fix it, i thought it must be a power issue between the battery and the module. However if the passenger window still works from the drivers door, then the power between the battery and drivers door must be fine, right?

Or, does the drivers door window switch use a different power supply to the (still drivers door) passenger window switch?
  14. NHN

[Jul 14, 2010]
    Ok did you change the whole door module or just the motor as these can be seperated.
  15. just017

just017 Member

[Jul 14, 2010]
    the whole unit, motor and module. Tested the motor on its own on a 12V circuit and it workes fine. Both modules make a 'tick' (i think thats the relay) when the drivers switch it pressed
  16. huntface

huntface New Member

[Jul 18, 2013]
    Hi

Newbie digging up a three year old thread!

Just017, Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm having the same problem with my 2000 A3 1.8T Quattro.

The driver's window packed up on Monday. I can hear a clicking when I press the switch, but the window doesn't move.

I pulled fuse 38 out (which knocked out all windows) put it back in, no change. I pulled out fuse 31, the one next to it, pushed that back in and the driver's side window sprung back into life. I think this was just coincidence as fuse 31 is some thing to do with the automatic gearbox according to the manual - which is strange as mine is a manual.

It worked fine for two days, but has now packed up again. I tried the same trick of pulling those two fuses out, but no joy.

All other widnows work, I can open and close them on the key and the fob, but the driver's one won't move.

Also the windows in the back don't work when using the switches in the back, but work fine from the driver's control panel.

I realise now that this is the wrong forum for problems with my old stick but the symptoms are the same!
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  17. SAiLO

SAiLO Enthusiast VCDS Map User

[Jul 18, 2013]
    Might be your window motor.
    Try and scan with VCDS or ask someone in your area to help you out.
  18. NHN

[Jul 18, 2013]
    Wrong section, this is 8P you have an 8L.
  19. huntface

huntface New Member

[Jul 18, 2013]
    Yes, sorry about that. I found the board via google. I didn't realise i was in the wrong place until after i'd posted.

Still, the symptoms are the same, so even if the parts are different I'm pretty sure the fault will be similar and I'd be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks, I'll try and see if I can get down somewhere to have it tested.
  20. John ler

John ler Member

[Sep 5, 2014]
    I no this is old guys but I have same fault on audi s3 2009 3 door, drivers window will not work only click, any help would b nice, thanks
  21. hollow

hollow Active Member

[Sep 5, 2014]
    window switch