Drivers window does not drop when the door is opened from the inside

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I currently have an A5 Sportback and sometimes when I open the drivers door from the inside the window does not drop making it almost impossible to close the door, unless you switch the car back on a roll the window down close the door and then up again. Anyone have this issue before, is it a known issue with the new A5?

As above, read the other posts.
You can do a reset on your window that may resolve it.
However, best bet is to report it to your dealer and see if they can advise.
The more reports that Audi HQ receive on this, the more likely a permanent fix can be found.

ps: I had the issue also :)

Cheers, It's book in for January. I'll let the dealer fix it.

I thought the purpose of the window drop was to drop it from the 'groove' so it doesn't smash? So how come you can get out without it breaking - but not close the door again?

I thought the purpose of the window drop was to drop it from the 'groove' so it doesn't smash? So how come you can get out without it breaking - but not close the door again?

When you push the door outwards when inside the car you are pushing "with" the natural curvature of the glass design so the glass just slips underneath the external alumninium trim . If you close the door you have to force the gas underneath the trim by flexing the glass to get it to go back in as the glass curves away from the lip.

That is what is should do but 20% of the time it does not, and as above I think that is the reason why I can open the door.

Another annoying fault with the car is the steering wheel, it's starting to sound like an old wooden door in a horror movie... I will get Audi to look at it while they looking at the window.

Reactions: azibux1
That is what is should do but 20% of the time it does not, and as above I think that is the reason why I can open the door.

Another annoying fault with the car is the steering wheel, it's starting to sound like an old wooden door in a horror movie... I will get Audi to look at it while they looking at the window.
Very strange! Hope you get it sorted!

Another annoying fault with the car is the steering wheel, it's starting to sound like an old wooden door in a horror movie.

+1 for the creaky wheel. Brought on, I think by the cold weather. Sounds like a tea clipper under full sail. I know if I take the car in to Audi the creak will be silent, and the door glass will drop perfectly, so I'll put up.

Well the car is going in today, will see what happens.

Well got the car back today, and they thankfully observed the fault. They performed a software update on the door module, and I've tried it a few times this evening, and the issue appears to have gone.

They state they have greased the steering column seal, but I don't think it's the seal causing the noise.

Well got the car back today, and they thankfully observed the fault. They performed a software update on the door module, and I've tried it a few times this evening, and the issue appears to have gone.

They state they have greased the steering column seal, but I don't think it's the seal causing the noise.

The fact they have a software update for the Door Module (Most likely how the Window Reg and Motor behave) confirms Audi are aware of the problem.