1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

drivers side wing mirro BANG!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by dgannon69, Dec 10, 2005.

1. dgannon69

dgannon69 Member

[Dec 10, 2005]
    i was driving down a counrty lane tonight following a merc at a nice steady speed of about 40 and some a55 wipe was coming towards us at about 80 so the guy in front of me dived into the ditch as much as he could and i didnt hav a chance to move so he smacked my mirror.

As a result i did a U turn and chased him home flashing him but he didnt pull over.

Once pulling up behind him at his house i expressed my anger and showed him wat he'd done and he said it was all my fault. (HE WILL GET HIS COMMUPENCE SOON) no point in involviong the police or insurance because my excess is £650...

So my question to you guys is, where is the cheapest place to source a wing mirror case (dolphin grey) and a heated mirror. fortunatly the motor still works...

The bad news is that after turning around i really had to floor it to catch this idiot as he was trying to get away knowing wat he'd done... THe mirror glass was hanging off by the wires and it flapped about for about 10 seconds before i had the chance to open my window and pull it off. i got out of the car to notice about 7 chips outa my paintwork too.... i'm thinkin about £100 for chipsaway to resolve this and then whatever i will need to spend for the new mirror parts. any help much appreciated

P.S violence doesnt solve everything but in this case it will!!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. elucidate

elucidate Member

[Dec 11, 2005]
    I've just picked up some mirror glass from Audi, it was £36 inc VAT!!!!!

And it's weird, its magnified too much...
  4. dgannon69

dgannon69 Member

[Dec 11, 2005]
    oh gutted mate, doesnt sound like its going to be cheap. i'm bidding on an entire mirror at the moment on ebay so hopefully i can get that and have wat i need. cheers.
  5. imported_Strider81

imported_Strider81 Guest

[Dec 11, 2005]
  6. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[Dec 12, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I've just picked up some mirror glass from Audi, it was £36 inc VAT!!!!!

And it's weird, its magnified too much...

[/ QUOTE ]

Which Audi dealership was this from and for which door? I'm starting to think I got mine very cheap - drivers side, S3 heated (blue - correct tint) £27 ish inc Vat from plymouth Audi
  7. HTC

HTC Active Member

[Dec 12, 2005]
    There are a few different types of glass. The slightly more expensive ones have the concave "blind sport" section also.
  8. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[Dec 12, 2005]
    Yep mine's got the line with the seperate section for the blind spot, I think everyone should give different local dealers a call as it just sounds like some are cheaper than others.
  9. HTC

HTC Active Member

[Dec 12, 2005]
    Good advice. Thats a tenner cheaper than everywhere else.
  10. elucidate

elucidate Member

[Dec 12, 2005]
    My Dealer was camberely Audi.

I'm beginning to think they have a 'surrey tax' on everything. Reading is usually the same price..