Drivers side window questions

mattyboy199

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Had a problem with my drivers side window this morning (it wind down) it seems the motor has packed up i cant here any movement at all. I just wanted to ask if there is a seperate fuse for this window, the passenger works fine. Also should i require a new motor can anyone recommend where i can find a used one ?

Any help or advice would be appreciated i did do a search but didnt come accross any of the above.

Thanks

Matt

I'm sure i've seen something on this before, when you press the switch does the window try and come up but sounds like its hitting resistance?

Try pulling the window up with your hand at the same time as pressing the up switch.
A common problem is the frame runners get distorted so the motor feels the resistance and drops the window as a safety feature so as not to crush a small child.

Its very strange,the window is up BTW. It happened on the way to work this moring at lunch time i went out to have a look / check it out etc, the window is working fine now very strange :-$ (mind boggles)

could be your regulator playing up a bit.....

Spray some silicon alond the runners on the doorframe, I had the same problem and it's cured it, I also have some A6 window clips on standby, just incase they may actually be broken.