Drivers side squeak

Aidy06

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi, I had my car serviced a few week ago and since then it seems to have developed a squeak on the drivers side when turning right. Anybody any idea as to what this can be? Rather annoying to say the least, thanks

Considering the weather of late, arb bush maybe, spray some wd40 into the bush & see if it goes.

Turn wheel to lock so rear of wheel sticks out on relevant side, you can get in between to direct spray into that area, done it myself & squeak went :)

Turn wheel to lock so rear of wheel sticks out on relevant side, you can get in between to direct spray into that area, done it myself & squeak went :)

Thanks, will go and have a look now :superman:

I sprayed it for a prolonged period given its very tight in there, the sustained pressure may have forced some lube into the bush/arb area, a little spray may not help the issue, it may not even be this at fault, but 1 easy thing to check for sure.

I sprayed it for a prolonged period given its very tight in there, the sustained pressure may have forced some lube into the bush/arb area, a little spray may not help the issue, it may not even be this at fault, but 1 easy thing to check for sure.

I used alot mate, I sprayed everything in site haha. Will see how it is tomorrow, hopefully its gone but come to think of it its only been happening since we've had the warm weather so I'm guessing you are right

Dry, warm, dusty weather makes bushes squeak more, bit like a woman really lmao.

Reactions: pwilliamson1991, Sandra and Aidy06
Dry, warm, dusty weather makes bushes squeak more, bit like a woman really lmao.

Haha, my favourite quote I've ever read on this site to date. Genius my friend :lmfao:

Reactions: NHN

:angrymod: Another priceless reply Nigel. Lmao. :) x

Reactions: NHN
LMAO I didn't even mean it to be so crude, LMAO priceless indeed, it was in relation to there henpicking lmao, but it reads ****** good for an unintentional POV lmao.

What was that other classic line Sandra, one guys got it in there signature lmao.

Reactions: Aidy06 and Sandra
LMAO I didn't even mean it to be so crude, LMAO priceless indeed, it was in relation to there henpicking lmao, but it reads ****** good for an unintentional POV lmao.

What was that other classic line Sandra, one guys got it in there signature lmao.

I will look for after top gear Nigel, it was a cracker as well. You should be a stand up comedian, lol. :) x

Well its ramp time with a lever bar to move some bushes a little.

Nigel you don't happen to have a picture of this ARB bush do you? I'm going to take the wheel off tomorrow I think, need to know what I'm looking for exactly rather than WD40'ing everything in sight

Just follow the arb through to the center of the car, you eventually come to the bush/brackets.

Just follow the arb through to the center of the car, you eventually come to the bush/brackets.

I can't get rid of this squeaking no matter what I do, I've had the wheel off to check if there was a stone lodged somewhere and I've sprayed everything with WD40 with no joy. Any other ideas as what can be causing this? Thanks