1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DRIVERS SEAT BASE

Adrian888 May 2, 2014

1. Adrian888

Adrian888 New Member

The rearmost part of the seat base on my new to me A6 is lumpy/uncomfortable in a way my similar mileage A2 isn't. The discomfort Suggests the previous owner was perhaps on the heavy side (always assuming I am allowed to call someone heavy in these politically correct days). Can the foam base insert be replaced or is it easier to look for a replacement seat on fleabay? Either way how easy is it to swap a seat given the airbag wiring and is it easy to wire in a supply for an electric seat? (Mine are cloth non-electric SE seats in blue)

2. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group s tronic

Easy swap, the seat is held in with 4 bolts and there is a connector going into the floor for the airbag plug. Electric seats will require new seat harness to be installed, not a straight forward job. You can buy new foam base but unless you have ever stripped a seat down and refitted it's a proper **** of a job and I would find a re-trimmer.

3. Adrian888

Adrian888 New Member

Thanks, seems similar to most audi seats, I was just hoping the electrics were pre-wired! Will vagcom be required to reset anything to do with airbag sensors after swapping? After being used to lumber adjustment on the A2 i miss it on the A6!

4. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group s tronic

I always disconnect the battery before removing any airbag device, and you won't get any airbag errors.