1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drivers leg room and comfort

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Leegaryhall, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Leegaryhall

Leegaryhall Active Member

Hi,
    Know its a bit late now, but as I am 6ft 2" is there enough adjustment on the standard S3 seats to enable me to get low and comfy in the 3 door.
    Not concerned about the space behind me...does the seat go far back?
    Used to my TT where I had the seat nearly all back to accommodate my long legs !!

Any feedback on driver comfort for longer drives ( more than a couple of hours) ?

cheers

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. karlabdool

karlabdool Member

I have the a3 and I am taller than you , if I put the seat right back my feet won't even touch the pedals . It is very comfy and nice low seating position . Euro cars generally have soo much more seating adjustments than Japanese(my previous car )

4. Flibble

Flibble Active Member
    Team Estoril

I'm 6 foot and fairly long in the leg and have the seat a few inches short of fully back for comfortable pedal operation. I think you'll be fine.

5. arad85

arad85 Active Member

I am 6' 8" and the A3 s-line hatch I drive is perfect. No one can sit behind me but..... In fact, as I have the stronic, my left leg fits great to the left of the brake. Very comfortable (as long as you fit the seat shape that is).

Edit: the A3 is the only small car I fit in. All the other MQB cars (Seat/Octavia/Golf) are smaller inside for the driver.

6. veeeight

veeeight I am a very pretty girl
    VCDS Map User Black Edition

I have found that the 8V 3dr hatch has less space for those behind me, compared to a 8P 3dr hatch :(

Fortunately I don't often have anyone in the rear!

(Oo-er) :lmfao:

7. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Both the A3 sportsback and the saloon has a longer wheelbase than just the A3, thus more legroom but it might be in the rear..

8. leosayer1

leosayer1 Active Member

Same here on my S-tronic A3. I've got 35" legs but find there's plenty of leg and knee room. I have considered removing the dead pedal on the left to get a bit more room for my size 13s but it's not really necessary as my foot can go to the right of it against the firewall.

9. Leegaryhall

Leegaryhall Active Member

Thanks for clearing that up for me...nothing to worry about then ,
    You must know what it is like when you ordered a new car but haven't really been in a the same model...I seem to think of all these things that could go wrong..even before I get the car lol.

10. danilotto

danilotto Active Member
    Audi S3

What a great thing being short! I fit easily also in my old Z4 and after long trips I got off fresh and relaxed. This S3 thing looks like a five star suite to me! :happy: