1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drivers leg room and comfort

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Leegaryhall, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Leegaryhall

Leegaryhall Member

[Apr 26, 2014]
    Hi,
    Know its a bit late now, but as I am 6ft 2" is there enough adjustment on the standard S3 seats to enable me to get low and comfy in the 3 door.
    Not concerned about the space behind me...does the seat go far back?
    Used to my TT where I had the seat nearly all back to accommodate my long legs !!

Any feedback on driver comfort for longer drives ( more than a couple of hours) ?

cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. karlabdool

karlabdool Member

[Apr 26, 2014]
    I have the a3 and I am taller than you , if I put the seat right back my feet won't even touch the pedals . It is very comfy and nice low seating position . Euro cars generally have soo much more seating adjustments than Japanese(my previous car )
  4. Flibble

Flibble Active Member

[Apr 26, 2014]
    I'm 6 foot and fairly long in the leg and have the seat a few inches short of fully back for comfortable pedal operation. I think you'll be fine.
  5. arad85

arad85 Active Member

[Apr 26, 2014]
    I am 6' 8" and the A3 s-line hatch I drive is perfect. No one can sit behind me but..... In fact, as I have the stronic, my left leg fits great to the left of the brake. Very comfortable (as long as you fit the seat shape that is).

Edit: the A3 is the only small car I fit in. All the other MQB cars (Seat/Octavia/Golf) are smaller inside for the driver.
  6. veeeight

veeeight I am a very pretty girl

[Apr 26, 2014]
    I have found that the 8V 3dr hatch has less space for those behind me, compared to a 8P 3dr hatch :(

Fortunately I don't often have anyone in the rear!

(Oo-er) :lmfao:
  7. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

[Apr 26, 2014]
    Both the A3 sportsback and the saloon has a longer wheelbase than just the A3, thus more legroom but it might be in the rear..
  8. leosayer1

leosayer1 Active Member

[Apr 26, 2014]
    Same here on my S-tronic A3. I've got 35" legs but find there's plenty of leg and knee room. I have considered removing the dead pedal on the left to get a bit more room for my size 13s but it's not really necessary as my foot can go to the right of it against the firewall.
  9. Leegaryhall

Leegaryhall Member

[Apr 26, 2014]
    Thanks for clearing that up for me...nothing to worry about then ,
    You must know what it is like when you ordered a new car but haven't really been in a the same model...I seem to think of all these things that could go wrong..even before I get the car lol.
  10. danilotto

danilotto Member

[Apr 27, 2014]
    What a great thing being short! I fit easily also in my old Z4 and after long trips I got off fresh and relaxed. This S3 thing looks like a five star suite to me! :happy: