1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drivers door window regulator broken - advice please

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by bebecheekymonkey, Jan 4, 2009.

1. bebecheekymonkey

bebecheekymonkey Member

[Jan 4, 2009]
    I tried opening the drivers door window the other morning whilst it had a little frost on it to see out the window - stupid me!. It appears that I have damaged the window regulator. The window remains in the closed position and I cannot open it at all. When I push the window switch I can hear the motor running fine.
    I took the door trim off and could see a black cable at the bottom of the door with a bit of white plastic and coil spring detached from the window regulator. I can only assume that it has snapped from the main unit.

Can anyone advise whether I need a completely new window regulator or can I replace only the part itself. Audi said that I need a whole new unit and its going to be around £95 plus VAT for the parts alone.

Can anyone offer any advice or provide instructions on fixing it. I did see a guide on the A3 forum. Is it the same for the A6?

Thanks. :sob:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jan 4, 2009]
    Post a pic so can see what you mean
  4. bebecheekymonkey

bebecheekymonkey Member

[Jan 4, 2009]
    I wish I could but unfortunately, this forum doesn't allow me to for some reason or I have limited access. Any ideas? I tried the insert image icon but its asks for a URL link???
  5. NHN

[Jan 4, 2009]
    Use photobucket for your images then use the link from photobucket & add this in the url request on AS when adding image.
  6. bebecheekymonkey

bebecheekymonkey Member

[Jan 4, 2009]
    http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo120/bebecheekymonkey/a.jpg

Thanks for the advice on using photobucket.

Above link is a diagram i found of the A6 door internals. I have circled the part in question. The cable rising up to the bottom of the window regulator has come off. I will take some pictures of the damage tomorrow in daylight and add this to the forum tomorrow for you to see.

Thanks

Will.
  7. NHN

[Jan 4, 2009]
    Well from that image I'd say you need new part for sure, but I've seen these on the bay mate for cheaper.
  8. bebecheekymonkey

bebecheekymonkey Member

[Jan 4, 2009]
    Thanks NHN. I had a look on ebay earlier today and did see that it was cheaper. My only concern was whether it was a genuine part or not. Will have to look into it.
  9. NHN

[Jan 4, 2009]
    ask them for part number & just compare with yours, I think these are genuine as dont know any company that makes copies of them parts