1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drivers door rubbing slightly on wing at the bottom corner.

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Gates, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Gates

Gates Member

[Feb 3, 2013]
    My drivers side door has started to rub on the wing just above the door fin, it's only just recently started to do it and just ever so slightly, but it's enough to have scraped a bit of paint off.

It hasn't had a bump so I'm guessing the door may have moved, does anyone have any ideas how to re-adjust it so it doesn't rub anymore?

thanks in advance
  2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Feb 3, 2013]
    Pics.
  3. Gates

Gates Member

[Feb 3, 2013]
    They're not brilliant pics as they're off my iPhone and its got dark, but you can just see above the door fin Nigel when you open the door it just rubs on the wing and has caused the paint to come off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Feb 3, 2013]
    Oh I can see now, you'll have to have a look at the hinges tbh mate & see if they're loose at all even minimally, you'll need 2 of you ideally, I would use a trolley jack with towel or the like on bottom of door to hold door up whilst you work on the hinge to adjust.
  5. Gates

Gates Member

[Feb 3, 2013]
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, thanks Nigel will have try and have a look before work tomorrow, failing that it'll have to be next weekend when I get home again.
  6. Eyeball74

Eyeball74 New Member

[Apr 15, 2014]
    Hi there. mine is doing exactly the same. was hoping i could get some advice on how to sort it. Mine is just at the bottom, same as yours and now requires painting but dont want to get it done until the problem is sorted. Let me know how you get on and like wise i'll do the same.