Drivers door not shutting properly

JayDZS*

Reaction score
So, car is booked in next Tuesday to have the drivers door looked at, the door closes, the car registers it is shut and locks with no problems, however it doesn't sit flush with the body work anymore (to look at it looks as though the door isn't shut properly even though it is).

Does anyone know what's possibly causing it and if it's a big job to fix, hoping it gets done under warranty and if not doesn't cost a lot!!

Might just be the latch needs adjusting or the door has dropped slightly. If it's that it will be a quick fix.

have a quick look at the latch, i had a similar issue on my a5, door wouldn't close and rattled, gave the latch a tighten up with a torx screwdriver and problem solved.

have a quick look at the latch, i had a similar issue on my a5, door wouldn't close and rattled, gave the latch a tighten up with a torx screwdriver and problem solved.
Had exactly the same thing on the same door, it was out of line which could be easily detected by the shut lines out place

Should be a fairly easy adjust of the door striker mounted on the body that the door latches to. Can you move it by hand at all or see any signs that it has moved ?

So, car is booked in next Tuesday to have the drivers door looked at, the door closes, the car registers it is shut and locks with no problems, however it doesn't sit flush with the body work anymore (to look at it looks as though the door isn't shut properly even though it is).

Does anyone know what's possibly causing it and if it's a big job to fix, hoping it gets done under warranty and if not doesn't cost a lot!!

Did you get this sorted? My drivers side door is the same - doesnt look flush against the rubber when shut?