1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drivers door not locking

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by itsmeagain, Jan 20, 2011.

1. itsmeagain

itsmeagain 1.8T Sport Cabriolet

[Jan 20, 2011]
    Today I locked my car with the remote, it didnt make the usual beep. So I checked it was locked, the passenger side and boot where locked but the drivers side was open. The LEDs didnt start to flash either. So i locked it with the key, this sounded the beep and locked the door. When I returned back to the car and opened it with the remote it didnt open the drivers side door. Any ideas whats going on????:sos:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

[Jan 20, 2011]
    it is probly the wier block that goes from the door to the post mate give it a wiggle and it should be ok as the wiers brake in there
  4. JimLoskot

JimLoskot Member

[Jan 21, 2011]
    either a wire break in the rubber-flex between the door and the car or water has got on the connector block
  5. Jimmyboy

Jimmyboy New Member

[Jan 25, 2011]
    I have the same issue. As it happens my car is in for the cam belt tomorrow and I have asked them to look at that as well. I'll let you know what they say.
  6. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Member

[Jan 25, 2011]
    Hi Jimmy, how much is your cambelt costing you if you dont mind me asking....1.8T is cheaper than a 2.4V6 but Im curious. Mine is booked in next week, asked them to change the water pump and the thermostat at the same time to.