1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drivers door not locking and door mirror stopped working

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by c_w, Sep 16, 2013.

1. c_w

c_w Well-Known Member

[Sep 16, 2013]
    I noticed that my driver's door wasn't locking/unlocking on the fob and the noticed that the door mirror has also stopped working (the passenger mirror operates fine though).

It seems a bit of a coincidence that both have stopped working (window switches all work) but does anyone know what might be the problem?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Sep 16, 2013]
    Given the passenger side works fine, then unlikely its the hinge rubber wires broken, but check anyway as the fob signals are sent to all doors over the canbus from the conv module for locking.

Common thing is for the door locks to get all gunged up, check the door module measuring blocks with vcds for locking & operation of features.
  4. c_w

c_w Well-Known Member

[Sep 16, 2013]
    Thanks, will take a look. I did think the door wiring too when I then noticed the mirror also didn't work but everything else seems to (all the 4 windows), seems front doors and rear doors have seperate fuses but not side to side so can't be that.