Drivers Bucket 'driving' me up the wall

DaveyB

No misfires.
Reaction score
Ok, I am going to have to harp on about the factory fitted buckets again, so apologies in advance..

I had the foam base and heateing element in the drivers bucket replaced under warranty not so many months ago (I paid for the foam base just not the labour the seat was already in bits with the element being fitted).

Now it creaks, like you wouldnt believe, everytime there is a hump in the road, round a corner, even when driving smoothly on the way to work. It sounds like twisting polystyrene and i'm not kidding...it is unbearable!! All the noise seems to be coming from the back of the seat, so whether it has anything to do with the work on the base, I don't know..

So...help please.. Can I access the inner workings of the seat if I take those side panel thingys off?? I need to identify where the noise is coming from before I figure out how to fix it!!

Thanks in advance people.

Last edited:
Gonna get my mate who works for Aston Martin works service to have a look, he's confident that it can be sorted without stripping the thing to bits - failing that it's a case of turning the tunes up I reckon ...

The seat cushion it's self is held to the wire frame by metal clips, these clips are the bain of a mechanics life.
Jesus christ can they be **** to fit, bet who's done the work couldn't be ***** to clip them on thus the cushion will slide on the frame.

The seat cushion it's self is held to the wire frame by metal clips, these clips are the bain of a mechanics life.
Jesus christ can they be **** to fit, bet who's done the work couldn't be ***** to clip them on thus the cushion will slide on the frame.

I'm now pretty certain it doesn't have anything to do with the base, that's all very firm and secure - all the noise comes when pressure is applied to the back rest and the side bolsters, i.e when cornering on crappy country roads...

Totally agree with what your saying though - the way those Recaro's are put together is something else. Lovely to look at as they are, an engineering masterpiece they are not!

I have some rather nice 'sport' seats that are so quiet I have tumble weeds blowing in the cabin.... More than willing to swap ;)

I have some rather nice 'sport' seats that are so quiet I have tumble weeds blowing in the cabin.... More than willing to swap ;)

Don't tempt me :) Just come back from a trip to Falmouth - 600 miles and not a sound. Thoroughly enjoyed the drive and love the car, it's the 28 mile daily round trip commute that this issue becomes a problem.