driver side electric window problem

andy a

Reaction score
first of all, hello everyone, im new to the forum and also new to the TT. im hoping some of you 'veterans' out there can help with my problem...

i have a 2000 225BHP TTcoupe and recently the driver side window has stopped working completely, when you flick the switch to drop the window nothing happens and you can hear a faint 'click' sound coming from behind the door panel. I have removed the door panel and all of the electrical connections are nice and tight. I have tried the 'window reset trick' as ive had the battery disconnected but this has not worked. the passenger window is working fine...any ideas..??
thanks in advance guys...
andy

it may be the motor for the window is knackered. if you can here the clicking it sounds as if the switching mechanism is working ok. When you had the door panel off and you pushed the button did the window move at all?
it mite be just something stuck in it thats stopping it from moving, try some WD-40 or and Air Duster to see if you can clean it up a bit and that mite get it moving.

Dazz

no mate, the cwindow never moved with the panel off...i'll give WD and the air-duster a shot...
thanks bud...