1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driver Door won't open with Central Locking

asap rocky Feb 25, 2013

1. asap rocky

asap rocky New Member

Car: A3 2007 Sportback.

Hello All,

Got a problem that has been bugging me for the past week.
    The driver door won't open with the central locking fob, all others do. So I have to manually open it with the key. It locks fine with the fob, just that it won't open with the fob.

I left the door open and pressed the fob, just to see if there was noise. There was a noise like a faint buzzer, same tone.

Any insight is most welcome.

2. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

3. jasonc

jasonc Active Member Audi S3

4. asap rocky

asap rocky New Member

Thanks Guys.

The windows work fine. Tried various things today as read doors may be out of sync, again no luck.

5. NobberUK

NobberUK VAG Junkie

I have the same problem with my passenger door. Really starting to get on my nerves!!

6. Manheads

Manheads New Member

Ive got an A3 s-line with the drivers side windows and central locking problem. the passenger side all works fine
    any ideas welcome

7. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

you will probably have to replace the drivers door module which controls both windows and locking. As always get the car scanned first

8. Manheads

Manheads New Member

I take it is in the door itself, would that stop the electric mirrors from moving as well

9. Ash187

Yes it's just behind the door card.
    The electrics in the door all plugs into that module so yes

10. Manheads

Manheads New Member

Thanks for the reply's
    will have a go at it in the morning