Q5 Driver assistance pack Tour (PCN) Q5 availability

AudiQ5since2010

Reaction score
Driver assistance pack TOUR (PCN) is not available on UK Q5, unlike on A5, Q7, and even Q5 in other Europen countries (valid July 2017).
Is PCN going to be available for Q5 in a next future ? Any date confirmed ?

My guess is that it'll come later this year possibly October time?
At the moment I think they have bigger issues with fixing a few of the issues they currently have on the new Q5s and sorting out the timescales for UK delivery

Think the only real thing missing is Lane Assist which would then give the traffic jam assist - the rest are pretty much there

Hello,

Many thanks for this reply.
Is it a pure 'guess' or something based on sources you cannot name here ?

Many cars, including cheaper ones, are now available with similar lane assist systems.
I don't want to lower my resale value in 3-5 years because my Q5 has this feature missing.

I am not sure I want to wait for an hypothetical october PCN release in the UK (it's available in all other EU countries right now) and might therefore switch to another manufacturer.

Any perspective ?

Hello,

Many thanks for this reply.
Is it a pure 'guess' or something based on sources you cannot name here ?

Many cars, including cheaper ones, are now available with similar lane assist systems.
I don't want to lower my resale value in 3-5 years because my Q5 has this feature missing.

I am not sure I want to wait for an hypothetical october PCN release in the UK (it's available in all other EU countries right now) and might therefore switch to another manufacturer.

Any perspective ?

It's a pure guess as 'usually' I've seen October brochure and spec updates from Audi...

That's what definitely happened with the Q7 LY.

The only thing I'm not sure about is what's happening to Uk Q5s....MY18 across the audi range normally kicks in for week22 - initially this was same as quoted for Q5 but they then delayed to week 28.

As I understand it Lane Assist is actually codable as long as I think ACC is fitted (need to check that).

Traffic Jam however isn't from what I know.

Wouldn't worry about resale values too much as don't forget there'll be a tonne of cars out there even when Tour Pack is an option without it. Like Tech Pack and Virtual cockpit.

Hi again and thanks once more.

I wonder is Audi can sustain this lack much longer.
The new BMW X3 is out, with all options available, including 3.0 engines.

In my opinion this will force them to propose similar engines and maybe link the PCN to this. This is a pure guess.

Hi again and thanks once more.

I wonder is Audi can sustain this lack much longer.
The new BMW X3 is out, with all options available, including 3.0 engines.

In my opinion this will force them to propose similar engines and maybe link the PCN to this. This is a pure guess.

My pure guess if not Oct then poss Jan as UK need to launch Black Styling Pack as well.

Audi UK are a law to themselves only they know what they are playing at. With all the Mexico delays they will start to lose out pretty fast if not careful

Well, I was in touch with the dealer and you are right, he's very good at saying 'I don't know'.

But with the current delivery leadtimes, I need to order latest in Septembre to get it in S1 2018.

But without PCN, I will go to BMW, even if apparently Q5 has features that speaks more to me : better virtual cockpit, sliding rear bench, lower CO2, comfort key with contact on rear doors.

Well, I was in touch with the dealer and you are right, he's very good at saying 'I don't know'.

But with the current delivery leadtimes, I need to order latest in Septembre to get it in S1 2018.

But without PCN, I will go to BMW, even if apparently Q5 has features that speaks more to me : better virtual cockpit, sliding rear bench, lower CO2, comfort key with contact on rear doors.

I have lane assist on my current car and to be honest at times it's a pain...traffic jam assist however is

i trust you. it's just a question of beeing 'up to date' in 3-5 years upon selling it. I assume that this will be a plus over another car without it

i trust you. it's just a question of beeing 'up to date' in 3-5 years upon selling it. I assume that this will be a plus over another car without it

Don't and can't disagree with you at all...as like yourself this was one of the disappointments of ordering the Q5 now. But you just know like all manufacturers they'll keep updating the spec of cars (especially as you take delivery!)

Also I think 3-5 yrs from now we will see more autonomous features coming through all ranges as seen in new A8 etc

It's a pure guess as 'usually' I've seen October brochure and spec updates from Audi...

That's what definitely happened with the Q7 LY.

The only thing I'm not sure about is what's happening to Uk Q5s....MY18 across the audi range normally kicks in for week22 - initially this was same as quoted for Q5 but they then delayed to week 28.

As I understand it Lane Assist is actually codable as long as I think ACC is fitted (need to check that).

Traffic Jam however isn't from what I know.

Wouldn't worry about resale values too much as don't forget there'll be a tonne of cars out there even when Tour Pack is an option without it. Like Tech Pack and Virtual cockpit.

Kuku,
Let me know if I am wrong, but ACC is and/or includes traffic jam. This feature is available on new Q5 without problem at all, even on line.
Are you saying that with ACC fitted, the dealer can add PCN (Driver assistance Tour, wrongly named here Lane assist) ?
If that's the case, I need to get back to him. He said he can code only what is on the website.
Maybe an opening there...

Kuku,
Let me know if I am wrong, but ACC is and/or includes traffic jam. This feature is available on new Q5 without problem at all, even on line.
Are you saying that with ACC fitted, the dealer can add PCN (Driver assistance Tour, wrongly named here Lane assist) ?
If that's the case, I need to get back to him. He said he can code only what is on the website.
Maybe an opening there...

I might be confused here now as well.

So yes you can spec ACC with Stop Go on Q5 if you spec an Auto.

But this doesn't in theory include Traffic Jam assist as the car doesn't have Lane Assist from factory. However Lane Assist he been coded on to A4/Q7 but the car wouldn't have the button on the stalk to turn it on/off.

The rest of the stuff in PCN looks specable in some shape or from on the Q5 I think....(but not 100% sure...as flicking between screens on the mobile)

A4/Q7 no problem. Driver assist Tour is codable directly on line.
It is not on new Q5 and my dealer cannot code it either.
So back to original question, when will it be available...

A4/Q7 no problem. Driver assist Tour is codable directly on line.
It is not on new Q5 and my dealer cannot code it either.
So back to original question, when will it be available...

So Lane assist can definitely be coded as long as there are some prerequisites specd I.e. ACC - dealers obv won't want to do it. But I've seen on A4 forums cars without Lane assist being coded with it and I know of someone with a Q7 who has coded it on.

This is a very kind notice to ask to focus on the original request.
No need to to explain what needs to be coded first on other models and whatsoever...
The objective is to order a Q5 with Driver Assistance Tour (PCN).
This feature is not available yet on Q5 on line.
The question is simple : when is this going to be available in the UK.
So far, I have only 'guesses'

This is a very kind notice to ask to focus on the original request.
No need to to explain what needs to be coded first on other models and whatsoever...
The objective is to order a Q5 with Driver Assistance Tour (PCN).
This feature is not available yet on Q5 on line.
The question is simple : when is this going to be available in the UK.
So far, I have only 'guesses'

Best bet is ask Audi UK as they and only they will know...

Hello,
I did contact the UK consumer care in July.
They said that they expect Active Lane Assist and Driver Assistance Tour in September.
In September, I contacted them again and have no information about it ...
I am strongly considering the new BMW X3 instead. Very similar car, slightly cheaper, all engines range available, all driver assistances available, obviously better 4x4 system, worse care to passenger vs Audi in the cockpit, no virtual cockpit.

I called Audi and they say the Tour Pack should be released on the 13th of October.

Thank you for this useful information.
I called myself as well about 2 weeks ago and they were unable to commit to anything.
In the opposite, my contact at Audi Oxford said that all options whould be available on October 1 - which is not the case obviously.

Thank you deepfunk9. Your info was correct. It is available on the configuration since Oct. 13.
Other things havec disappeared. Advanced Key is not available as a standalone option anymore. To get it you are forced into the comfort & sound package. :-(