Drive too small!

Gill ZB

Reaction score
My driveway is s a wee bit tight - difficult to avoid hitting wall and damaging paintwork when opening drivers door! ....may have to consider selling.......the house! Need some sort of invisible door edge protectors - I'm having to make like a snake to disembark ! :snake:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    679.7 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    750.5 KB · Views: 182
Can you put a piece of carpet on the wall with battens top and bottom. So door touches it when you get out.

Reactions: Gill ZB
Thats no fun .

Take your front garden out and make hard standing , dropped kerb etc .

Or you could access hardstanding with first part of existing driveway ?

Can you put a piece of carpet on the wall with battens top and bottom. So door touches it when you get out.
My friend has just suggested the same thing this morning ! Trouble is that I can barely get the door open to get out even with it touching the wall! I'm 5'9 too so I'm like a contortionist trying to get out of a gap about a foot wide! My housemate was in hysterics watching me manoeuvre out - especially when I got cramp in my leg!!:tearsofjoy:

Thats no fun .

Take your front garden out and make hard standing , dropped kerb etc .

Or you could access hardstanding with first part of existing driveway ?
This is an ideal solution but sadly can't afford to do it - I don't want to park on the hard standing part of the drive away from the house as its on a steep incline and some of the nosy folk round here walking past with dogs would be way too close to my precious TT - it's not a bad area but I want my TT as close to house as possible. Considering knocking a small wall down that's attached to garage - it woyld give me enough space to pull right up to garage door and open drivers side freely ...in fact it's the only short term solution - I'll be out there with a hammer later today !! But thanks for the suggestion :relaxed:

My friend has just suggested the same thing this morning ! Trouble is that I can barely get the door open to get out even with it touching the wall! I'm 5'9 too so I'm like a contortionist trying to get out of a gap about a foot wide! My housemate was in hysterics watching me manoeuvre out - especially when I got cramp in my leg!!:tearsofjoy:
Hahaha been there ourselves. We don't learn as always buy 2 door cars even with a child.

Hahaha been there ourselves. We don't learn as always buy 2 door cars even with a child.
Haha! I've found that it's easier to lean through open boot to get at shopping on back seat! One advantage of being tall:relaxed:. I think the manoeuvring in and out of the drivers side is the most exercise I've had in years but I'm covered in bruises lol! I was in love with my TT at first sight and too love struck to consider practicalities - :hearteyecat:must be a struggle getting a child seat in a 2 door though lol!

Sure is. We have just last week picked wifes new car. A very practical 4 series convertible.

Update - my housemate has knocked a wall down allowing me to pull my TT right up to garage door and there's just enough clearance to get the drivers door open now! Cheshire Cat smiles all round:grin:!! I am literally about an inch from touching garage door with front end to get clear of wall to open door! It's just as well I have a good sense of distance - Who needs parking sensors lol! Next step - widen garage and get new door for it - all for the love of my TT:hearteyes:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 168
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    732.6 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: Gazwould
Result. Don't trip over the remains of the wall......

Reactions: BillTheButcher and Gill ZB
Result. Don't trip over the remains of the wall......
Well I am blonde :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:!! I plan to refine it a bit tomorrow when I finish work - I didn't want to ask my housemate to sacrifice any more of his weekend as he was good enough to do that for me and suffer my incessant Audi TT worship chatter all weekend! And be forced into being a passenger while I showed off the awesomeness of the car I have dreamed about for years !!! :hearteyes::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Sandra
You need something like this:

Garage

:friendly wink: :yes:

Oh, yes, that is snow...and, yes, this was taken today!

Reactions: Gale Boetticher and Gill ZB
You need a underground car park, dig under the house it won't take long if your house mate helps.

Reactions: RCD6FC and Gill ZB
Well I am blonde :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:!! I plan to refine it a bit tomorrow when I finish work - I didn't want to ask my housemate to sacrifice any more of his weekend as he was good enough to do that for me and suffer my incessant Audi TT worship chatter all weekend! And be forced into being a passenger while I showed off the awesomeness of the car I have dreamed about for years !!! :hearteyes::tearsofjoy:
Nothing wrong with blondes......
Yeah - just stereotyping sadly - I do have dumb moments though but don't we all lol !

Reactions: Sandra