1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drive shaft problem

mozza1202 Aug 27, 2012

1. mozza1202

mozza1202 Member

I have a nocking noise when changeing gear and under acceleration had a look today and I have checked all engine mounts and they look fine when you jack the car up on one side at a time one side their is a lot of movement and a lot of engine movement do think the drive shaft has gone any advice would be grateful and part numbers would be great cheers

2. Lewis583

Lewis583 Active Member VCDS Map User

I'd be betting on the dog bone mount having gone south. Have you checked all exhaust hangers/mounts?

When you say

"when you jack the car up on one side at a time one side their is a lot of movement"

Do you mean engine movement laterally across the car or the engine rocking forwards/backwards in the bay?

3. mozza1202

mozza1202 Member

The engine rocks forward and backwards when I rotate the wheel it moves the engine forward and back more on one side than the other could I try a power flex bush insert to try if it reduces the movement before i buy new bushes for the dogbone mount ?

4. Lewis583

Lewis583 Active Member VCDS Map User

Yeah, I'd say that is the easiest way forward. Then see if it improves it any. Check all the exhaust mounts too.