Drive select

W

Wifeb4Life

I don't have the adaptive suspebsion but when you do put it in comfort mode the car gets softer over bumps, so what is it that gets softer? Do all A6/A7 have adaptive dampers?

Its definetly firmer in dynamic but when you look at the individual setting options it only mentions steering, gears & exhaust and it mentions nothing about suspension/dampers.

If you set anything to comfort in the individual settings it doesnt drive as comfortable as the comfort setting however if you set everything except exhaust to auto it does drive in comfort sometimes.

Also the manual doesnt mention anything about what softens up to improve the ride.

Unless you have air suspension, there is no difference in suspension betweeen the different modes - the dampers are not adaptive.

Something has to be, myself, wife and friend can all feel the difference in the straightline ride quality going from comfort to dynamic, especially at low speeds.

Even my old Alfa stiffened the susspension when going in to dynamic. I just want to know what it is that does that.

To the best of my knowledge, the steering feel and throttle response is effected by the drive select change, and this may subjectively be translated by the driver as a perceived difference in suspension response.

As above unless you have air suspension nothing changes, the a6 has standard shocks and springs. There is no electric control of the suspension.

If you don't believe us just jack up the car a little you will see there is no electronic cables or pipe work going to the shock absorbers.