Drive select Eco mode and efficiency display on DIS

Itguy

Reaction score
Hi everyone

racked up a load more miles in my new S3 today and have been playing with the drive select.

Dont generally drive with the air con switched on anyway and tried the economy mode in drive select for a bit today.

I switched DIS into the efficiency display which lists all the kit that you have switched on and it said air conditioning, although the a/c button on the climate panel was switched off.

The display on the climate said 'Eco' on it and when I switched the fan to zero and the panel went off, the air conditioning message on the DIS went off too.

It's also been raining here in Wales today but the windows haven't even started to steam up, even when in Eco. I've not switched the air con on all day.

So - even with a/c switched off does the car just lightly cycle the air con on / off anyway??

I'd assumed that the fan was using some power, and that was what showed up on the fuel usage display thing. If you switch A/C on without changing any other climate control settings, the fuel usage goes up a lot.

Given heated mirrors and things show up on the fuel usage display, I think it's measuring quite small amounts of power and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the fan was enough to register.