1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dripping water

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by steveh, Sep 8, 2005.

1. steveh

steveh New Member

Hi,

Reversing out my drive last night and noticed a trail of fluid following the car and a small puddle where it had been parked.

Pulled back in and took a look underneath and it was still dripping from an area towards the back of the engine (couldn't get right underneath to get an exact location). It is definitely just water and all the levels seem OK (only had it serviced at Audi on Tuesday)

Could it possibly be something to do with the air conditioning, is it just condensed water dripping out? I had been using the car 10 minutes earlier with the air con on but it is the only explanation I can think of

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Cheers
  2. PaulRS3

PaulRS3 Well-Known Member

immediate thoughts : air con
  3. HTC

HTC Active Member

Put your finger in the puddle and smell the fluid. If it smells of nothing at all (except for your finger :)) then its just condensation.

If its pink in colour or smells like anti-freeze then its coolant.

As mentioned, most likely to be air con.
  4. Vman

Vman Member

This is probably your air con.

How's your new wheels ?
  5. steveh

steveh New Member

Cheers guys,

Definitely didn't smell of anything when I dipped my finger in last night so I presume all is well and it is just the air con. Never noticed it before though and there was a fair bit of it. I will keep on eye on it though.

Vman new RS4 reps look the dogs danglys IMO (if a bit common!). Definitely should have been standard in the first place I reckon, really makes the car look the business (even more than it did already /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif). Considering a bit of window tinting next.
  6. Vman

Vman Member

Before you tint your windows get a Revo chip - that's my idea after the Becker Stereo and New Avus wheels.

Mine passed it's MOT today with an advisory notice about the front tyres
  7. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

If you leave the car idling with the aircon on when it's been as humid as it has been recenty then it really p*sses out, can be quite worrying, but totally normal