drilled airbox

amb276s3

bird spotter
Reaction score
Has anyone tried drilling and piping another cold air feed into the factory airbox on a s3, if so what results, the people that design the airboxes for audi,bmw,aston etc say this may be the only way to increase airflow due to the problems with oiled aftermarket filters.
Cheers for any response.

Does this give any aditional gains/feedback/performance?

YOGi

thanks peters3, have downloaded, have you found any difference, i tried a bmc cda filter box and found low down torque loss.

I haven't actually got round to trying it yet!!

It's on my list of things to do, but it's not at the top yet!!

If you give it a try, let us know if it makes any difference?

I had done this and it makes a nice induction roar and slightly louder DV noise when changing gear. Took it off over the summer due to the extra heat, but at winter time it was fine.

I have a pic somewhere.

Mike, did it change the cars behaviour or is it a case of it sounds quicker only, i tried a bmc carbon airbox and was not too sure so changed back to standard, also looked at a golf 1.8t and it had a intake (just above the s3 inner wing intake) that went behind battery to the slam panel, looks quite neat if it would fit.

Andy

I noticed it was much better pulling top end, but apart from that the same as usual with the added nice noises.

Took it off in the summer due to the extra heat soak, but come autumn/winter/spring it was on. I even took the fog lights out in the summer to aid cooling of the intercoolers as thay are quite restrictive.