Drastic Price difference on tyres

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
I ordered some for my S3 and went to pick them up but they had 235 instead of 225 and and also they weren't the spec so asked for a price on the correct ones,bear in mind they were 117 fitted per corner for the previously ordered ones but when they got the spec I wanted they said 150!
I told them I could source the tyres myself for 380 so asked for a fitting price,yer man said 35 quid per ******* tyre!! I told him I'll phone him and promptly went down the road and was quoted 98 per corner
What a joke

I called my local tyre shop asking for the cheapest tide me over tyres they had, i dont care what they are but i need 2.

I had them fitted, they are Scudo Stunners. I looked at them and thought i may be wrapped around the first tree i come across but i must say these really are very good tyres in my opinion. They hold well in the wet and the dry, I have pushed them hard and dont feel that they hinder the performance at all.

I am so impressed that when my rear pirellis wear out i will certrainly replace them with scudo stunners at £50 a corner fitted and balanced for a 225 45 17.

Has anybody else tried them ???

what ever you do, do not get linglong's my friend has them on his car and he says they are awful, no grip at all, wet or dry.
tyre prices are shocking, and some places just try and rip you off. £150 a corner!!! were they gold plated or 22"?

scudo stunners at £50 a corner fitted and balanced for a 225 45 17.

Getting a set of the new style Goodyear eagle F1's for mine as soon as i finish off the Michelin PS2's that are on it at the min, paying £58 each fitted.

:icon_thumright:

That is cheap. know somebody who knows somebody ?

I work for Goodyear so get staff discount, to be honest i'd rather stick to the Michelin PS's that are already on it but best price i can get on them is £95 each so can't really say no to the F1's

I have eagles on my RS4's which cost 66 unfitted

voorhees said:
...so asked for a fitting price,yer man said 35 quid per ******* tyre...

I just bought some R888's from Camskill tyres. I went into one place to ask about fitting and balancing and was quoted £30 a wheel. Now the wheels were in the back of the car, no old tyres on, so all they had to do was fit and balance. Promtly told them where to go, walk out and went to another tyre place less than 100m away and had all four fitted for £30. It pays to shop around a little.

The 235's seem to tramline more than the correct 225's.

I now get my Eagle F1's for £35 a corner, including fitting.

They seem to have a larger runout than the Toyo proxes too.

so then S3-Rob where the forum offers lol

Wish i could, i'm only entitled to 10 tyres a year at that price so its 4 tyres for me and the other 6 to close family

vorhee's i got mine from a place not too far from u at 100quid a corner gimmie a line if ya want there details bud

Try www.mytyres.co.uk Just ordered 2 Pirelli P6000's for the front of my S3. £80.00 each delivered to a local fitter who only charges £6.00 fitting per tyre. Was thinking of Eagle F1's but have Pirelli's all round. Not the best looking tyre but seem to grip well.