DPF, think its all over.....

Originalgeezer

Reaction score
Well, after having the injector recall done, the DPF regeneration warning has come on and on, even though most of my mileage is motorway based. Came on again the weekend and very shortly afterwards the engine management light also came on. Then, LIMP mode........Greeeeeeat.

So thinking through options, when it began I spoke to AUDI customer services and got them to agree if further issues, would they contribute due to the car is out of warranty but I hold them responsible due to the injector recall. Whilst they said they have no proof the two are linked, they would look favourably on any claim made. So, option to take it to the dealer and see what they say.

Or, take to local garage, do diagnostic check and see what they say....perhaps a sensor has gone down and just needs replace and regeneration again?

Or does anyone recommend someone in the Birmingham area for a DPF removal and retune? I have spoken to Angel Tuning in Banbury before which is fine if at work (work in local area to Banbury) but not when I am at home.....But then there is insurance hike for that too.

Ideas and input?

Speak to Audi customer service again, explain what has happened, and get them to authorise work at your choice of dealer. They will give an authorisation number, which in turn the dealer will confirm with them.
It seems that this is becoming quite a common problem after the injector recall and that people are having problems with the DPF. Coincidence?? I think not!!

When they changed the injectors they should have flashed the ECU with a new map & (possibly) changed the pressure sensors as they are all related. The area don't run correctly with the new injectors & the old map, give Audi UK a call & In sure they will get it sorted.

How long have you owned the car?
I've had the same issue for 6 months and it got to the point where Audi last week were willing to put a DPF on my car. They stripped my car down to find the previous owner had gutted the DPF and had it remapped. I didn't know this when I'd had my injectors done so when they did the software update it told my car it had a DPF again. As you can imagine since there wasn't one there the 2 DPF pressure sensors were going mental and I was getting the light on and limp mode.

How long have you owned the car?
I've had the same issue for 6 months and it got to the point where Audi last week were willing to put a DPF on my car. They stripped my car down to find the previous owner had gutted the DPF and had it remapped. I didn't know this when I'd had my injectors done so when they did the software update it told my car it had a DPF again. As you can imagine since there wasn't one there the 2 DPF pressure sensors were going mental and I was getting the light on and limp mode.

WTF, bet that was an expensive day for you or did audi do a goodwill?

WTF, bet that was an expensive day for you or did audi do a goodwill?

As you can imagine after 6 months and 5 visits my sanity was wearing thin lol
The only thing it cost me was half a DPF pressure sensor.
In all they replaced 2 and put a new inlet manifold diaphragm on ( so far ) lol.

Did they flash ecu back to stock & fit new dpf aswell?

No they just flashed it back to stock cause when they asked me about the DPF I didn't know it had been previously gutted. So the car thought it had one and well it didn't.

Huh, sorry your post doesnt make sense, I asked if they flashed it back to stock & you said, no they just flashed it back to stock lol, but point being is if they couldnt get a dpf reading with sensors, then flashing to stock it would bring up issues with no dpf fitted still, so why didnt they fit a dpf to fix this issue aswell.

Still waiting for call back from customer services and been trying to get Service Manager at Dealer as the rest of the staff just say I need to speak to him.......so something is registered on my details but, in the meantime I am stuck with a car I can't use and need to work....

So, looks like DPF removal is coming as this can be done ready for me to collect tomorrow and including a remap £595! NV Motorsport in Smethwick

Huh, sorry your post doesnt make sense, I asked if they flashed it back to stock & you said, no they just flashed it back to stock lol, but point being is if they couldnt get a dpf reading with sensors, then flashing to stock it would bring up issues with no dpf fitted still, so why didnt they fit a dpf to fix this issue aswell.

The no was for the DPF part of the question.
They didn't fit the new DPF cause they said if they sent the 1 back there would be questions asked by Audi why they have replaced it when mine has been previously gutted.
I haven't actually received my car back as yet. Hoping so today aslong as they have rebuilt it.

Originalgeezer defo get it removed and remapped. Wish Id have been able to get my car sorted sooner. Booked in with rick at unicorn on Friday so fingers crossed it gets sorted once and for all.

Andy, it is there now...full health check and then, DPF Removal and Remap. It did have a Bluefin Map so thats gone now, so if anyone wants a Bluefin Unit, will need sending back to Superchips for a new map to be installed on it (£100?) :)

Hopefully it will be back tomorrow...and I can get back to work!

The workmanship when the injector recall is done is quite shoocking. New stretch bolts are needed and everyone we have seen hasn't had this done. They should also be torqued to a particular setting, but we usually see rounded off heads, or often finger tight bolts. The injector clerances need to be set too, and this is NEVER done during the recall. Unless all this is done, the car will never run perfectly, often smoking away.

We also strongly recommend an EGR delete too. They are becoming increasingly problematic as they do not seat properly and so are never fully shut which means smoke and poor performance and economy.

Rick

I can totally agree with what Rick had said above, it's never reassuring when you're sat with technicians from Audi UK head office & you're the one informing them of their own tolerances & specifications. If they don't have a clue 9/10 of the average spanner monkeys won't either!

Can't wait to see what they have done to my car then lol

See you Friday rick.

Mines in at ricks on friday too :) same car.. 2.0TDI 170 for full DPF removal after the new injectors audi fitted keep throwing the dpf regen light on even tho i do most miles on motorway and it seems to be trying to regen all the time whilst driving.