1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DPF Removals - New Law

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by asalhan, Dec 13, 2013.

1. asalhan

asalhan Member

Hello everyone,After speaking to a colleague at work today, I found out that from February next year, it will be illegal to drive cars that have DPF deletes. I had mine removed almost 4 years ago when the bloody light was on every 3-4 days. Does this now mean that I will have to get a DPF refitted into my car?! I didn't have any idea about DPF filters when I bought my car. I wasn't even told anything about it by the garage who sold it to me. What are you guy's views on this and how many others have had DPF deletes?https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-rules-for-mot-to-test-for-diesel-particulate-filter - Website for the new law that will come in force next year.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AK47UK

AK47UK Active Member

There are so many threads about this already, may have been worth searching first as a lot of info is in the other threads. General consensus is testers will be visually checking for DPFs so you could buy one from a scrappy, perhaps faulty, empty it out and fit that.

4. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member
    Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A3 quattro

I don't suppose anyone will know if your car has a DPF fitted or not..... until you come to have an MOT done. Then, if your car had one fitted originally, it will fail. The only way for it to pass will be to have a DPF fitted.

5. c_w

c_w Well-Known Member

It is a visual check, so not a 100% fail depending in who you get.

6. Rhyso

Rhyso Active Member
    VCDS Map User

People with decats on petrols have passed MOT's......doubt this will be any different

voorhees and c_w like this.
  7. JJ.Foulds

JJ.Foulds Well-Known Member

get MOT done in jan! then you have a full year ;)

nezz, RedDejavu and JaCkPoT like this.