1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dpf removal question!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by blackz_11, Apr 4, 2013.

1. blackz_11

blackz_11 New Member

I have a 56plate 2.0 a3 sline (170), I've had it remapped the other week but feel like there is more I could get out of it. The guy who remapped it said that I should of got the dpf taken out then got a remapped (which in hindsight I should of done), however he mentioned that when i get the dpf taken out he would upgrade the map for the dpf delete when the dpf had been taken out for free so that's cool.

my question is, I am potentially getting the dpf taken out tomorrow however the remap guy isn't available to remap until the 15th. My question is can I still drive the car until I get it remapped? I'm aware it's going to throw up all sorts of lights. By looking on here could it go into limp mode? Just need some clarification really!

cheers
  2. 170sam

170sam New Member

I'm running a milltek delete pipe had it on there for 8 months . I've not had it mapped yet and it runs fine no light nothing .
  3. max69vk

max69vk Member

Make sure you take it for a good long run before you remove the DPF, this way the ECU should be fooled into thinking a regen has been done & the DPF will have minimal soot loading. You should then be ok to run it for a while till you get the new map done.
    Brodster likes this.
  4. blackz_11

blackz_11 New Member

Cheers for the reply guys, I won't be driving it much anyway just don't the cars shutting down on me if I do.

Sorry for the newbie question but what exactly is the regen with the dpf removal? Haven't quite understood it yet
  5. asalhan

asalhan Member

To be honest with you blackz_11, I've had the remap done and I had the DPF delete done also, that was within 4 months of me buying the car back in 2010. I know people have said that they don't like the black smoke coming out of the back and that it makes the car look dirty (wash the damn thing FFS!) but I have not regretted taking the DPF out and the remap one bit!

I don't have to worry about the crappy orange DPF logo coming up and then taking it on a motorway run when the damn thing does come up.

Get it done, you will not regret it.
  6. max69vk

max69vk Member

No DPF = No Regen.
  7. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. Member Site Sponsor

You will go into limp mode due to DPF efficiency being low. Still driveable though.

RIck