1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DPF PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by RallyX, May 9, 2011.

1. RallyX

RallyX Flat Out
    VCDS Map User

DPF and engine management light have just come on my A3 S Line 170. Have run for 15 mins @2000rpm as manual suggests. Cant work out why it has come on as the last 3 journeys the car has done have been 380, 210 and 120 miles. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can now do please? Car has done 39000 miles.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. johnbev

johnbev New Member

It could be a faulty sensor, my old 2007 leon 170 had this and is very common. Cost around £100 but mine was under warranty. The only way to diagnose is plugging it in to get fault codes by a dealer or other I am affraid.
    On another note I always used millers diesel fuel additive (called "diesel power eco max" now)in mine and it regenerated alot less

4. v1raj

v1raj Member

There is another alternative...

You could get the DPF removed :eyebrows:

You'll never have this issues again..

5. RallyX

RallyX Flat Out
    VCDS Map User

Thanks for the reply's lads. Have had it sorted today at AMD Technik in Essex. Well good blokes there and did not have me over. It was the sensor that Johnbev mentioned. They did tell me that the dpf is coming into mot's come October and anyone who has had it removed will have big problems passing an mot, unless that is you know a dodgy tester.