1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DPF-OFF

Discussion in 'Custom-Code UK' started by Custom-Code HQ, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Custom-Code HQ

Custom-Code HQ Member

[Nov 13, 2008]
    Update: Custom-Code DPF-OFF Specific Software.

After running three DPF equipped cars for some considerable time, we feel we are making great progress in both the DPF removal and tuning the PPD for a more aggressive power delivery.

All three cars including a customers VW Passat have been running DPF fault free for over 3000 miles combined. We hope to have two hardware solutions, the first being a modified factory DPF unit with internal modifications (this version is being used on all our test cars and for dyno testing). The second version will be a larger bore, specific DPF deletion pipe retaining all sensors and produced by Milltek exclusively for the Custom-Code DPF-OFF specific software.

Initial Dyno testing was done on a standard car with standard DPF - this produced 175bhp and 247lb/ft

The first dyno report shows the vehicle with the DPF deletion pipe and Custom-Code DPF-OFF modifications to the factory ECU file. This in essence shows the power gain from removing the DPF alone - this produced 187.5bhp and 258.1lb/ft (Dyno report below shows comparison between standard and standard with DPF removed)
    [​IMG]

The second dyno report shows the same vehicle again with the DPF deletion pipe and Custom-Code Phase 2 DPF-OFF Specific software - This produced 223.4bhp and 334.8lb/ft
    [​IMG]

Most of the issues we have been finding are not related to the DPF removal or the Custom-Code DPF-OFF specific software but with the factory updates. These often cause throttle hang and off boost performance decreases.

We now have most of the updates for the various PPD files so we are able to reverse these updated characteristics.

We will continue to do rigorous testing and hopefully will have both the hardware and software available to the public within the next 4weeks.

If you have any further questions please feel free to give us a call on 01246 455 004.

Custom-Code Team.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 24, 2014]

3. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

[Nov 23, 2008]
    That sounds like it could be a fun car to drive, one of the things that put me off the Leon 170 was the potential issues with the DPF ... i'm getting bored with mine again and have started looking at the Leon again, the lack of DSG put me off originally but now I think I could live without it. What price is this likely to retail at ?