DPF is a sack of sh*t

Sounds great! What happens when you get to the first MOT test? The tester enters the prescribed smoke-test figure for the model, as these Transport Department tables assume it to have a DPF. It no longer has. So, the emissions are such that the car never passes.
Not your problem..........

So far we have seen no problems with emissions :)

With the DPF we are not actually trying to remove the DPF and then delete the fault codes that then become apparent.

What we have done, removed the DPF but then re-configured and tuned the standard ECU to work as a non DPF vehicle, so as far as the ECU is aware there is no and was no DPF so the ECU will work like a non DPF 140 but with more power and no emissions problems.

I hope this explains.

Mike

Unfortunately, whilst the ecu may be unaware the dpf is no longer present the MOT testers lookup tables assumes it still is.....

If, however, your company has discovered the secret of dpf emission performance without a need for a dpf then patent it quickly. You will be able to sell it to the world's car makers for tens of millions of pounds.

Patent it. You are about to be a wealthy man. DPFs are now rendered superfluous.

The first Audi UK price list to include to 2.0TDI-170 (with a DPF) was October 2006 so none of those will need an MOT until October 2009. The 2.0-TDI-140 was not fitted with the DPF until the recent facelift for the 2009 model year with model arriving around August/September 2008.

I was stating what will happen when dpf cars are submitted for MOT, irrespective of whether they are currently due. As a further aside to this, should you remove the dpf and replace it with a straight piece of pipe the tester won't even get as far as plugging in his smoke-test analyser. He will fail it on the spot just as they do with CAT equipped petrol models that have had them removed.

Well I've solved my DPF problem. I sold the car and bought an S3 :arco: