Downshift on STronic sometimes ignored?

sukrw

Reaction score
Hi all,

Quick question to see if this is "common" or if there might be a fault.

I have a 2008 TTS with the STronic gearbox and recently I have noticed, when driving in full Manual mode and just using the paddle shifters, occasionally when clicking the downshift it doesn't actually downshift. If I then click it again it then does it. It is very rare (maybe 2 or 3 times on a 30 min journey).

I noticed this is normal if the car is slowing down and the car automatically downshifts as the revs go low and then I try and downshift almost the same time - my downshift is ignored (which is fine as the computer already did the downshift) but this issue is more when I am driving around and the revs are much higher. Example - blasting around and coming to an island and downshift to quickly power off the island, sometimes the downshift is ignored.

Anyone else noticed this? or could my box be starting to misbehave?

2008 TTS, 62,000 miles, services regular intervals and had the gearbox oils etc changed as and when they were needed.

Thanks guys.

Try downshifting with the gear lever, it maybe a intermittent paddle fault.

I would try NHN's advice first. I have had intermittent issues with both shift paddles (2013 TT) but the gear lever has always worked for me. Of course, the issue is never evident when I take the car in for service so the local Audi techs think I'm nuts!