1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downpipe Options - A3 2.0TFSI Quattro

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Graham22, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Graham22

Graham22 Member

[Aug 6, 2012]
    I have a problem where the flexi-pipe on my front pipe is blowing - not the flex-pipe on the actual downpipe but the bit where it splits into 2, beside the small silencer immediately under the propshaft.

What's my options, I'm not looking to de-cat (but want a hi-flow cat) and am happy to keep the rear section of the system - partly due to keeping it looking original plus the cost.

I left a note on an older post as the MV Sport system seems ideal but I can't find suppliers now - from what I read, these were made by a third party company but no-one seems to know who.

Would a system from a S3 fit or is that different where it meets the K04 turbo or even a 2WD downpipe (ie Golf/Leon) should say a Milltek system come up 2nd hand - I guess the back box is different as the Quattro has the dummy batter box there.

Any ideas please?

Thanks.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 24, 2014]

3. ApolloS3

ApolloS3 Member

[Aug 6, 2012]
  4. Graham22

Graham22 Member

[Aug 6, 2012]
    Just looked at your post - exactly where mine has gone too. I have filled the final corrugation with JB metal and am hoping this will hold until I find a frontpipe. I would like to get a different downpipe as I understand these give good results - just the £1200 to replace the whole system right now is a bit tough to swallow, especially as it's costing £500 to replace the air-con pump this month.

I agree, £50 as a standard fix is certainly a saving over a like for like replacement - I take it they just replaced the 3" flexi pipe piece. Another thought is to do away with the centre box & by-pass and have a straight pipe joined into just behind the Lamba sensor as it's a sleeved fit into the rear section anyway.

Hope you don't mind but I've pinched your picture to show others where mine has gone:

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  5. ApolloS3

ApolloS3 Member

[Aug 7, 2012]
    Yeah, i was thinking about getting a complete new system, but cost is an issue at the moment :(

Hope you get it all sorted out anyway, definietely sounds better when its fixed
  6. Graham22

Graham22 Member

[Aug 30, 2012]
    Bumping this one back up.

Was able to trace the people involved with the MV-Sport system but they only have designs for the S3 or A3 non-quattro. They did offer to use my car as a prototype but they are in Manchester & I'm in Cornwall.

My other option is a Milltek system but I'd prefer to keep the standard back box - partly due to costs and TBH, I prefer the standard look on an otherwise unmodified car.

The Milltek front pipe/cat can only be used with their back box - has anyone here used a Milltek downpipe, cat & resonated front section with a reducer & standard rear box? Appreciate I will still need a stage 2 map - no problem as I already have a stage 1 Revo.

Any help or alternatives appreciated please.
  7. deanshaw24

deanshaw24 Member

[Sep 30, 2012]
    I have just bought a miltek down pipe and sports cat! Is there anyway to fit these without having the miltek cat back? As I would prefer the standard cat back?
  8. GavS3

GavS3 New Member

[Sep 30, 2012]
    Look into Golf R/ S3 downpipes, they are a straight fit.

I had a Golf R downpipe put on my 2.0TFSI Quattro last week with no problems at all.
  9. Yaseen1991

Yaseen1991 Member

[Sep 30, 2012]
    Tbh id go custom MIJ Performance or John Ashley exhaust will fit full custom stainless exhaust for around £350, u can decat it, use stock looking tips and use a silencer to give u a purposeful sound
  10. Adamj

Adamj Member

[Sep 30, 2012]
  11. downtothebone

downtothebone Member

[Sep 30, 2012]
    APR downpipe is £694 if you select Audi
  12. mephisto

mephisto Member

[Sep 30, 2012]
    Is that the only reason soon as you add the word Audi = kerching?