1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downpipe - Ebay or name brand?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by JPK, Jun 1, 2012.

1. JPK

JPK Member

Ive had a hunt around for this info but still dont have enough to make my mind up. Have an A3 8P.

Sold on the APR tune which im getting shortly but want to go with Stage 2 now. Mainly because my rear o2 sensor
    is playing up (will get the 2nd o2 sensor delete file) and the extra power would be nice.

APR downpipe seems to be between 4-6x the price in my neck of the woods of the catless test pipe type downpipes
    that are on ebay. The ebay pipes seem to be direct copies of the ATP test pipe. I am happy with catless.

GODSPEED audi a3 jetta golf gti mkv 2.0t fsi turbo downpipe new FREE SHIP | eBay
    Audi A3 2.0T TIG Welded CNC Machine Flange Stainless Steel Exhaust Downpipe | eBay

Raceland also has a well priced option: Audi Downpipe | Audi A3 Downpipe

Provided the ebay or Raceland options are made with a decent grade 304 stainless steel and have 3" diameter, mate up to my existing system fine and have decent welds; is there any reason I would go with an APR, Milltek etc?
  2. Rom

Rom Member

It's mainly down to quality of materials, workmanship, and design.

Guy at work runs an eBay manifold, downpipe, and intercooler setup on his Golf agu engine, has other mods etc but made 280 on rollers. So wasn't held back by the budget stuff.

A lot of the cheaper stuff just copies the decent stuff.