1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downpipe and sports cat, mated to OEM centre and backbox?

MattS5 Feb 12, 2014

1. MattS5

MattS5 Active Member

As there is no gains, apart from noise, by going cat back, is there benefit of just replacing downpipe and cat, and utilising the existing pipework from cat back?

2. nluk100

nluk100 Well-Known Member

Yes, I had this setup on my car for 6+ months and had massive torque gains (50Nm!).

Ultimately it does restrict top end power but you get 90% of the gains this way.

3. MattS5

MattS5 Active Member

Excellent, sounds positive.
    What model car were you running it on?
    And what set up did you have? For example, does the Milltek come with a reducer to fit the cat back OEM pipe, or can one be specified from Milltek as an off the shelf part?)

Did it drone at all?

4. s3joe

s3joe Active Member

If you have a look in my posts I have just had a full bcs system fitted to my s3 and it's so much better

5. downtothebone

downtothebone Active Member Team Scuba Audi A3 Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group

BCS downpipe and sports cat here as well ...

6. MattS5

MattS5 Active Member

Joe - Just replied to your other thread.
    Downtothebone - Have you just got downpipe and sports cat? (whats the Cat back set up you have?)

7. downtothebone

downtothebone Active Member Team Scuba Audi A3 Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group

OEM cat back - yes just the down pipe and sports cat

8. nluk100

nluk100 Well-Known Member

facelift S3 (3dr)

I picked up a 100 cell MV Sports downpipe from a forum member and my garage added a reducer to suit.

Definately no drone - you still have the OEM centre box afterall.