downloading music...

myzeneye

Reaction score
hey you gize...

im hearing more and more about people downloading mp3's and getting stung with hefty fines ???
whats the score ???
apparently, when you download a file from somone say on soul seek or emule..a share scheme, .... these b@stards are planting traps and are attaching a file to an album which locates your email adress and sends you a fine through the post ???
not sure how that works or even if they could trce my email adress to my home address ,but still, makes you think... then again, maybe thats the idear, just to start these rumours and get people worried??
a lad i know reckons somone he works with just got a fine this way and if he doesnt pay within a certain time it double???
i dont know ?
what do you guys say ?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

On whatever programme you use to download just make sure the option to 'share folders' is left blank. That way they won't bother coming after you.

I was told this by one of the heads of a music rights organisation company in Ireland who are suing serial UPLOADERS.

Never do it mate, presonally would rather buy the cd's, than download (pirate) them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah me too i agree /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha, comedian. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What i was being serious! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

buy it ????? why ?? how much do you think the actual artists get out of that extortionate 15 quid or so......
plus, if they were musicians with any kind of integrity, they would play purly for the love of the music and tolerate sharing.....making money from some sales and live shows... im a musician, i would.
yes, i do prefer origionals c.d's , but when they changed from records to c.d's...album artwork kind of went out the window......
power to the people..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

Try Emusic. I have a subscription and it's only £9 per month and I get 90 tracks. Not bad eh.
emusic.com.

You can do a trial and get 50 free downloads.

[ QUOTE ]
Use iTunes, guaranteed quality and royalty is only 79p per track

[/ QUOTE ]

Have they now brought the pricing inline?

I refuse to use them as they charge UK more than all other markets when clearly no additional costs, Mo-fo`s!!

Isn`t there a russian site called mp3.ru or summat which is ultra cheap? The music industry failed to close them down.

Hi

I have been using www.allofmp3.com for about a year now and it works a treat.

In effect it's the Russia version of itunes but there are no files limitations to the MP3 you download. Also you pay per mb of download rather than per track. It works out at between $1 and $2 per album obviously depending on the track sizes and no of tracks.

Before you say it the site is completly legal and has been investigated several time by the music industry.

You have to load your account with at least $10 using your credit card. I was nervous at first potentially giving an unknown Russian company your credit card details but after 1yr of use and loads of mates using it everything has been fine.

I have also found the download speeds much faster than Itunes.

Cheers

its more like 10 quid now than the 15 it was a few years back, i haven't downloaded in a couple years cos deals on cd's are getting better and quality is much better

I'm friends with a band here in Ireland for a good few years and their last album was a cracker, it got 9/10 in Terroriser (popular metal magazine). The band sold the album to Virgin for €3/CD and Virgin sold it to Joe Public for €25. Now that's mental.
Just because they have the distribution network doesn't give them the right to sell at that price.

Yes, they could track you if they really wanted to put the effort in. Normally by going after your ISP to give up your details. But they arn't after the average downloader. They are going after people who are sharing vast numbers of tracks.