1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double Din's

V511 Apr 14, 2014

1. V511

V511 New Member

[​IMG]

this is my 2001 S3 witha double din, i cant seem to find a facisa to list for buying one. also been to a few shops and they say theyve never seen one in a 2000/2001 S3 mainly from 2003 and up, any ideas?

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

There isn't a commercially available double din facia for the 8L... the one for the A4 can be modded though

<tuffty/>

3. V511

V511 New Member

thanks for the info m8, i'll have a dig around, any advice on a good unit? or even a good single din unit? im trying to find one with will work with my bose sytem as i dont want it all up graded only the stereo

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

I had a double din unit in mine when I first bought my car... I ended up doing a swap with another member for a single din setup and used an Alpine headunit on my Bose system using an Autoleads PC9-408 adapter lead... a lot of people say this lead is rubbish... personally never had any issues with it and used it for quite a few years before I got around to fitting the rest of my kit..

There are a few others on here that have fitted double din units though so they may well pitch in and be able to help you further

<tuffty/>

5. V511

V511 New Member

well ive searched and scratched my head, everyone says use the A4 fasica but which one? lol. i asume the 2002-2006? or maybe im worng? i dont mind trimming it but im not gonna buy the wrong one

6. V511

V511 New Member

7. SoljahofSensi

SoljahofSensi Member

That looks like it should be ok, it's roughly the same shape/size

8. Jay A3

Jay A3 #because Racecar Team Daytona Audi A3 Manual

Yep I bought the a4 2002>
    Needed some sanding away on edges but fits nice.

9. V511

V511 New Member

hi guys a new update/problem lol. ive got the fasica all sanded down and fitted, new problem i plug it all in with the wire harnes etc and it turns on then turns off, any ideas?. i have the right harness i think. i went into the shop and the guy sorted it all out for me. even pluged it all together for me so all i had to do was add the remote for the bose to work ( i have half bose on the rears and sub). i am thinking he has given me the wrong harness.

10. V511

V511 New Member

11. V511

V511 New Member

its all fixed and up and running, im a happy man... now to fix my lamba sensor problem lol