1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double din to single din?

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Grae W, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Grae W

Grae W New Member

[Mar 13, 2013]
    A3 1.8T 2001, post facelift

I've got the BOSE Symphony installed. But I've got a great Kenwood single-din stereo (BT92SD) from my old Astra lying unused. Is it possible to fit a single din cage and a pocket in the double din space? Any idea what problems (if any) I'm likely to face?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 13, 2013]
    With the Bose system you really are better off sticking with the stock HU. No one does a double DIN conversion fascia for the 8L, so you'd have to buy the A4 version and modify it. You'll also need an RCA input adapter PC9-408 to link to the Bose amp but this can cause a nasty popping from the Bose sub, which means you'd have to use the hideous PC9-410 hi to lo converter adapter which will destroy the quality and introduce alternator whine. So it's not a great move unless you upgrade the speakers and bypass the Bose amp.
  4. Grae W

Grae W New Member

[Mar 13, 2013]
    Ok, thanks for the advice. Going to stick with the Symphony. The cassette isn't that offensive, and the Bose audio is still a cut above my old system.