1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double din cage fitting problems

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by dale86, Apr 23, 2014.

1. easy going Si

easy going Si Member

To Dale 86

When I changed mine from a double din climate control without heated seats to a single din with heated seats it did fit and the wiring plugs were the same but mine is an 05 cab, went on ebay a found a scrap dealer who had a single din but from a 55 cab as I remember the last plug on the right had only about 4 out of 12 possible wires so this is possible the seat heating control but that's only a guess hope this helps

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. BigCat

BigCat Member

Hi folks i'm also thinking of fitting a double din unit instead of my single din & was going to get a console out of the scrappie. So after reading this I take it my climate unit will no longer fit & will need to buy this aswell??

4. ruffrida

ruffrida Well-Known Member

It will,when you cut it down,its not heard just nerve racking.
    [​IMG]

BigCat likes this.
  5. Greeny233

Greeny233 It's all about the V8.
    Team V8 Team Silver Audi Avant Owner Group Audi S4 Audi Sport Owner Group

I'm just about to fit an Extrons double din unit to replace my single din unit, I'm not looking forward to trimming the heater control unit (luckily I have a good spare) but does anyone have any pictures of where/how much to cut and what they used to trim it with. Thanks.

6. dale86

dale86 Member

I got mine climate in I.just had to take the radio out then slide the clamate in first lol. It's not a bad job trimming the climate just measutebtwice cut onece I didn't do a great job of it but when it's fitted it looks pretty decent .

7. ruffrida

On the back of the climate the is two lipped edges,1 either side trim them of and it will slid straight in

Greeny233 likes this.
  8. Greeny233

Greeny233 It's all about the V8.
    Team V8 Team Silver Audi Avant Owner Group Audi S4 Audi Sport Owner Group

Thanks ruffrida. I'll take a look when I get home.

9. ruffrida

Anyone looking to do this let me know, i have both the HU and The Climate for sale, as i have had an upgrade, yes again lol