1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. pav767

pav767 Member

My door hinge pin has broken off!! Great news hey!! Just had the RAC(Audi Assistance) out and they said it will have to go in the garage for a new door. Long process according to the tech. Just my luck hey....go to see my girlfriend, open the door to get out and woooooshhhhhhh the wind blows the door more or less right off. My a cracking sound everytime i open it now. Will ring the stealership in the morning. Will this be covered by warranty? I'm real dissapointed in this, i thought audi had a strong build on their cars. Used happen to me always in my corsa and nothing ever went wrong on that!!

2. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member Team Navarra Audi S3

I'd be surprised if this is covered by warranty tbh as it's not a defective part or unusual wear, it was damaged by the door being forcibly opened too far by the sounds of things.

Strong as the door hinges are (I've tested the limit a few times), the doors are big and heavy (especially on the 3-door, is that what yours is?) and you need to be careful opening them in strong winds.

3. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

Had this on my van, the wind just blew it back and bent all the pins. Lucky it was on the company insurance.

4. steve184

steve184 Active Member

yeh i guess this is more an insurance claim rather than a warranty claim... its an accident at the end of the day not a fault

5. pav767

pav767 Member

well according to audi this will be covered by warranty. the service lady said so herself. well cars going in tomorrow so will find out and let you guys know.

6. pav767

pav767 Member

you guys were right....insurance job. but i'm going to pay cash for it.

7. steve184

steve184 Active Member

how much?

8. MarcQuinlivan

MarcQuinlivan Active Member