1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Door wiring harness problems

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by LucyT, Feb 10, 2014.

1. LucyT

LucyT New Member

Hi, last week I lost all controls and central locking to the drivers door. Have stripped it down and found that the wires between the body and the door are broken/ split. This May seem an odd question but are all the wires meant to be attached, I don't have elec rear windows.

Attached Files:

2. S4_dan

S4_dan Fire up the Quattro!

Hi and welcome.

If you have a wire coming from the plug that has been cut/snapped then yes it should have a partner. It's possible the remaining wire has been pulled/fallen back through so it may not be visible. Have a good feel around for the loose ends.

Rejoin the wires with solder if possible and cover with heat shrink to help protect the joins.

Dan
  3. LucyT

LucyT New Member

Ok thanks Dan. I've taken it apart and my husband can do the repairing :) the wires are so tight I had a little look for the matching halves but gave up when it started raining again. Is there anywhere I can find a diagram of the harness? have googled but found nothing.
  4. S4_dan

S4_dan Fire up the Quattro!

You will have to ask someone who has ETKA and they should be able to get wiring diagrams.

You may have to extend the wires anyway to join them.

Dan
  5. LucyT

LucyT New Member

All soldered and fixed, I now like my car again :)
    S4_dan likes this.